Annoyed
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2020

Re: QC35 pairing problem in Windows 10

This is what I do.

It takes about 15 minutes and has to be done every time before I use my Bose Quiet Comfort 35 Headphones but they're high quality headphones for a very high price.

Every time I want to use Bose Quiet Comfort 35 Headphones I have to be quick if I have just walked in with my takeaway dinner (USA "takeout") otherwise my Pad Thai will go cold before I can use my Bose Quiet Comfort 35 Headphones.

Here is what the solution is,

1. Remove from "Audio" my previously paired Bose Quiet Comfort 35 Headphones.
2. Re-boot my Windows 10 PC.
3. Did I say ensure my Bose Quiet Comfort 35 Headphones are 100% charged, straight from the USB cable? This is essential.

4. Switch my Bose Quiet Comfort 35 Headphones to search mode.
5. Ask windows to search for Bluetooth devices.
6. Pair my Bose Quiet Comfort 35 Headphones. with Windows 10.

This works PERFECTLY every time.

MasterKano
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2021

bose quietcomfort 35 pc

I purchased a pair of Bose quietcomfort 35's a while ago and I'm having trouble connecting them to my desktop PC via Bluetooth, I don't have this issue with a phone, tablet or laptop.

I've reinstalled drivers multiple times in different orders, I've update the firmware, I'm using a USB Asus BT-400 "dongle" with the correct drivers from the manufactures webpage as well as up-to-date bios and chipset versions with the correct drivers for onboard Bluetooth.

When attempting to connect them via Bluetooth on Windows 10 it "Pairs" with a "screen and phone" icon but not as a "headset" icon which leads me to believing the issue is my desktop PC wont recognise them as an "audio device" and it's able to connect for less than a second.

I've plugged them in via a USB port on both the case and motherboard but neither want to see it as an audio device, it just sees it as a generic device under the "control panel" - "devices and printers".

The curious thing is that when I turn the headset on it sees it as paired under "bose quietcomfort 35"

but after the firmware update it sees them as "LE bose quietcomfort 35" in the Bluetooth area.

So I tried to remove the device by uninstalling via the "device manager" area and then "scanning for hardware changes" which just reinstalls the "bose quietcomfort 35" so I cannot remove them at all.

I've tried everything I can before coming here, can anyone assist me please?

Thanks!

MasterKano
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2021

Re: bose quietcomfort 35 pc

Okay so I found out "LE" is low energy, How do I remove this?!

Vicky_W

@MasterKano, thanks for reaching out today. I am sorry but there is no way to remove the LE option from your headphones. However, the steps in this thread above will allow you to pair successfully. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@MasterKano(I do not work for Bose)

I personally do not recommend pairing with an "LE" device.  LE is a subset of  bluetooth used for functionality when the device is mostly turned off hence the name - Low Energy.

I have found that many USB dongle do not properly work with Bose equipment (even if they work with other Bluetooth devices).   The only ones I have personally found that work and pair correctly are ones based on devices that work with "CSR Drivers" (and preferably 4.x ones and not 5 ones).  I have the "SMK Nano" which works with all Bose devices.  Don't think it is being sold anymore but there are many others on eBay for example that look the same and use the same drivers.