axeljespersen
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

QC35 problem - no sound

I have a pair of QC35's I've been using for the past 3 years. 

Today they made a little strange sound and then suddenly there was no sound. I tried rebooting them by turning them off, wait, plugging them in and leaving for a bit and turning them on again many times. With little to no success. Sometimes the ladies voice came on - sometimes only for about 3 seconds. The ANC is on. But the voice is not in either position. I also tried to update them on the Bose website to the latest firmware. No luck. 

I've also tried to plug them in with the cable and they work. I think it has something to do with the bluetooth and the voice is gone (it cant connect to my computer n'or phone). 

Do you guys have any suggestions for possible causes to this problem? 

2 REPLIES 2
Tegan_M

Re: QC35 problem - no sound

Hello, 

We're sorry you're having this experience, I would love to look into this with you. 

When you turn on your headphones, do you get any LED response at all on the headphones? If so, are you able to connect them to your device?

If so, can you let us know the current firmware version of your headphones? This can be found under the product details in the Bose Connect app.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
axeljespersen
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

SOLVED: QC35 problem - no sound

THEY ARE WORKING AGAIN! 

In Denmark we have a 2 year warranty. I had these for 2,5 years and I've not taken very good care of them. I have worn them in the pouring rain numerous times and I stopped using the case a year ago. 

Yesterday I opened them up and took the lil switch apart and cleaned everything with a non-lubricating contact cleaner and squeezed the legs together. I let it dry over night and I just assembled it and guess what - it worked!!! I also found a wire that was loose from the pad on the PCB. I just soldered into place again. I hate soldering SMD-PCB's (I dont have the right equipment for it either). 

But its now working again and connected to bluetooth in first try! 

Best regards me! 

I wouldnt split them apart if they were still under warranty but either I had a non working pair or a working pair so I took the chance. Im not responsible for anything YOU DO to your headphones.