Re: QC35 really low volume on Bluetooth!

Hello Seelasher,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with more than one pair of headphones here, and would be happy to see what can be done.

For reference, do you get this issue with all Bluetooth sources, such as other phones, tablets and computers, or just one?

Additionally, what music sources are you using when you have this low volume?

Please get back to us!

Liam W

Community Support

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Highly unusual that you have the same problem with two of them and others like me don't have the issue at all.  Mine are quite loud.  So you/we need to understand what the difference between us is.

1. First, as a 'long shot' - I sometimes find that the low volume is due to the volume setting done by the QC35.  So on the right side, there is a three switch toggle with "+" on the top.  Hit the "+" a gazillion times and see if that helps.

2. Assuming it doesn't, try connecting a wire to the QC35 and the source and see if that makes a difference.

3. The source may have sometime to do with your volume issue - the source itself or the application used to play the music.  First try another source (smart device or computer) and then if necessary try another music/audio playing application.  Sometimes the source or the application has a loudness supression switch/feature.

The idea of the above is to try various situations to see what could be behind the lack of volume.  From what you have described so far, I could not conclude it's the QC35 - not yet.

pocohiroto
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 22, 2019

I have same issue. It has been solved by turning volume limit off. You can change it from [setting] - [music] - [volume limit].
Boseknowsbaseball
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 30, 2019

I went to use my headphones today and the max volume was much quieter than normal.  I was using the Quiet Comfort 35 set with my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S8, and thought that the phone's volume limiter had been switched on after an update.  The limiter wasn't activated so I checked the bose app tapped the currently playing song displayed on the bottom of the app window. Clicking on the currently playing section brings up volume controls within the app which were set to around 50%. Playing with the volume bar in the app fixed the problem for me. After reading through the other user posts I tried the suggestion for using the volume controls on the headphones themselves and that worked as well. I had completely forgotten that these buttons existed.

shyamvk
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 27, 2019

These heapdhones are quite poor in their sound output and you have to hammer out the volume to max. No comparison to headphones even 2-3 times lesser than this. I have begun to live with this problem after conculding there is no fix and this is an inherent design "feature". Very disappointed and these would be my last pair from Bose. 

Alfier
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 7, 2019

C'MON BOSE -- SORT THIS OUT! Simplest way is to add a diagnostic into that otherwise near-useless Bose Phone App.

What no one is saying is that this problem affects some devices and not others. All my phone handsets (Samsung, Huwei Honor, an old Huwei) all have this ridiculouslty LOW volume problem.

However, I have 1 desktops and 2 laptops. The desktop is LOUD!! Good stuff! One of the laptops, an ASUS is also LOUD AS! SO we can say it is not a problem with the QC's.

The other laptop, a Lenovo Yoga has the SAME ridiculouslty LOW volume problem. So it is something to do with driver mismatches!!

Ps: I am also aware of the dual BT channel (one mono for phone handsfree, the other stereo) and the duality functions normally on all devcices (eg: the ASUS cuts the stereo if you use any s/w that requires a mic). Ie: That duality has no bearing on the LOUD/LOW volume problem.

And by the way, I have an old £15 headphones that walk normal volume on all the above devices. 

Suggest folk PLEASE UP-VOTE the original poster if they are having the same prob so Bose GETS THE MESSAGE! Ps: It may be a Bluetooth prob (BT drivbesd me NUTS), but given the cost of the Bose, they should be sorting it out. 

sfaynor
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Thank you Pocohiroto and Boseknowsbaseball!!!

Both Correct, but still had to figure it out.

Open up the Bose App on your Phone.

Bottom of screen said "music not available". Click there.

Volume control is on bottom of screen. 

Bose, please, add a volume control to the main screen along side the bluetooth, headset, noise cancellation icons. Would be less hidden. 

I currently use my bose on my pc, though it also connects to my phone all the time. I never reach for my phone to change the volume of the headset, mainly because I didnt know this function existed. 

Thank you community members for stepping up. This was a problem for the past year and had no solution from Bose even though its so **bleep** simple

Highlighted
pmlcmda
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2018

I figured out the volume problem yeah 🙂
Right now what bothers me the most is the terrible sound quality when watching videos on my MacBook, but that’s a different problem. Glad yours was so easy to fix!
skaushal
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

I am facing the same issue with my QC 35

Hello skaushal, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having volume issues with your QC35. 

I would kindly suggest attempting any troubleshooting suggested in this thread, then if you continue to have issues, please reply with the devices you are testing the headphones with. 

If the issue continues to persists, you can obtain service support here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G