Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

Re: QC35 really low volume on Bluetooth!

Bought the new BOSE QC35 II 2 days ago 30/09 , had the same low volume issues on my iPhone just like most people had highlighted in this forum . 

But thanks to some of the troubleshooting tips provided by users here I managed to solve the problem 

- Tried wired connection to MacBook Air and it was absolutely fine , beautiful sound quality , loud and crisp so it reassured me it wasn't the headphone issue.

- Turn to bluetooth pairing on my iPhone it went back low volume.

Here is the solution

Go to setting ->Music-> Playback->Volume Limit -> drag to the max volume . Your volume limit should be now showing as off.  Voila ! Volume is back ! 

Give it a try and good luck ! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

My QC 35 had the same problem, but I found out, that it was the app that had turned the volume down.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Sorry, but not really an issue for me, my sound settings are all fine. On my iPhone and Mac.

On the laptop, my AudioTechnica wired headphones can’t be taken to full volume without blowing my ears off, with the Bose, I can turn it all the way up and it will sound like it’s at half volume. 

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello everyone, 

Thanks for getting in touch, it's a shame that you are experiencing low volume when using Bluetooth. I am more than happy to help you out with this today, we can go through some troubleshooting to try to get this resolved. Let's try resetting the headphones, rebooting the Bluetooth device you are using and cleaning the pairing list of the headphones and the device you are using. 

To reset your product:

1. Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  2. Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  4. Power on your product

To clear the product memory of connected Bluetooth® devices:

1. Power on your headset
  2. Slide the Power switch to the Bluetooth icon and hold it for 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

It would also be good to know whether the headphones are behaving the same way with other devices too as @joelirwin mentioned, he also offers some other good steps you can find HERE

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Just bought mine last night and I have the same issue on both my IPhone, IPad Pro and MacBook Pro. I tried all the tips on this blog but nothing works. The volume on the Bose app controls the volume on the device as well and both move simultaneously. Is that normal or are they supposed to be separated? 

Highlighted

Hi Luciole,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the volume on your QC35 headphones.

With the Bose Connect app, the volume controls do control the volume of the device, headphones and app source all as one, not as separate volume controls. On other devices without the Bose Connect app, this is not always the case and it may be independent.

If you are experiencing low volume on all of those devices when using the QC35s, are you experiencing this when using a cable connection as well? Or is it just happening over Bluetooth? Also, is it happening on any media source we try playing from or have we been using the same one each time? For example, is it always Spotify or Amazon Music we've tested or had it been a few different apps?

Kind regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Hello,

This issue appears on both my Ipad Pro, IPhone 7 Plus, Macbook Pro with and without wire. I've tried Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube, VCL, Netflix and so on. In a quite environement to be able to hear the music proprely the volume is at half of the device capacity vs on other bluetooth devices i have in the same quiet condition i put them at the minimum to have the same sound. 

Thank you for the quick respons!

Highlighted

Hi Luciole, 

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Can you confirm what software version you are running on your source devices and your headphones?

If there are any updates available, please perform them if there are any updates available. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2019

Same here. Settings are fine. Tried different apps and their settings Apple Music and Spotify etc. I have the Sony MDR-1000x as well. Prob around 3 years old and I thought I would give the QC 35 a try expecting similar quality. I compared the QC35 and the MDR using the same apps, same settings, same songs. MDR was louder and there was more depth, clearer. I’m not a huge music guru so I don’t know terminology but The MDR felt like it had “layers” and the Bose was flatter. Oh well, I tried. Most likely will return and try the new Sonys or stick with what I got. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

I haven't tried this on my phone but only my 2018 MacBook Pro but having to run this at 90% + in order to hear it sound at a decent volume is not ok for this kind of price. My cheap 65 dollar Anker headphones would blow out your ears at half volume and frankly the sound quality was just about as good. I'm trying to understand why I paid this much for headphones for nothing extra. Plugging in the wire instead of bluetooth it was a bit louder but still not as loud as I would expect. Is there a Bose app in the works to be able to tweak settings to our liking? Also ANC even set on high is nothing like I experienced in the store and no where even close to my Sony headphones. There has to be something setup wrong. All I've done is just bluetooth pair them, and pushed the button until is said AIC high, am I missing something?