Highlighted
yoko911
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

QC35 suddenly not pairing, not entering pairing mode.

I have been using my qc35 everyday since I bough them 2 and a half years ago, and after stopping using them for 1 week I return to them and now they dont pair to any of my previously paired devices. Work phone, Personal phone, and my laptop.

I tried entering pairing mode, but the device does not enter pairing mode. The LED never changes to blue, I have tried the 'reset' method and have also tried the 'clear pairing list' method without succes.

I have press the blueethot buttong for as long as a minute and nothing happens.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: QC35 suddenly not pairing, not entering pairing mode.

Hello yoko911, 

Thanks for reaching out on the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your QC35 headphones. 

With regards to troubleshooting, can you please confirm: 

1. You mentioned the headphones are no longer showing the pairing LED, but what LEDs are present when you use attempt to use the headphones? 

2. Have you tried using an alternative USB cable/charger? 

3. Have you tried updating the firmware? You can do this by following the instructions here.

If your issue is still ongoing, I'd kindly recommend reaching out to support in your country.

I hope this helps, and if there are any others in the community with similar issues, please feel free to add to the conversation. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

yoko911
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

Hello

1. LEDS that come up are the green one and the white one, the headphones work, they noice cancel but they dont pair

2. The usb cable works, the headphones charge, the LED changes to yellow when connected.

3. Yes, I have updated to the newest firmware via USB cable, beause, the headphones does not pair and I could not update using the phone, again, the usb cable works.

Is there a procedure for factory reset?, I dont mean the 'reset' procedure.

Hello yoko911, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

The general reset for a QC35 headphone is as follows: 

1. Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  2. Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  4. Power on your product.

If you also attempt to clear the paired device list by holding the power switch over to the Bluetooth section for >10 seconds, and you hear no prompt to advise the device list is cleared, please reach out to support. 

Kindest,

Jeff G

yoko911
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

Hello,

Like I said on my original post, I have tried that 'reset' procedure, and it did not work, I have also tried the bluetooth button por more than 10 seconds also without succes.

WIll reach out

thank you

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

The above steps are in relation to correcting minor processor errors, somewhat like restarting a computer, Yoko911. There are no "master default reset "options available for our line of headphones.

If you have exhausted all troubleshooting options and you are still experiencing unexpected behavior, I would strongly recommend getting in touch with support. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

philipcalado
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

Hi,

I had a similar problem and Bose are refusing to support because the headphones are out of warranty. I have fixed the switch by opening up the headphones as per this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJaNlvLG3tI

And then pushing the switch between on and pairing positions repeatedly. My guess is that the contacts get corroded because the pairing switch is rarely used. When you wear the switch again the contacts get rubbed clean. You may find some success by doing this without opening the headphones at all. For me the switch started to feel grittier and then it started working again.

For the record Bose customer services are appauling in my experience. The only thing the could offer was to replace my headphones by spending £249.99 on a new pair. They probably know it's an easy issue to fix but are money grabbing. Seems like their attitude is that a £300 pair of headphones is a disposable item after 2 years which is completely unethical and environmentally irresponsible. I won't buy from them ever again or recommend that anyone else does.

Good luck!

Phil

My Bose QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones were out of warranty (1 year) and my power switch broke such that I could no longer turn them off. This is what I did to fix it. I did also call Bose to see if they fix these, but they do not. They offered me $50 off a new pair.
yoko911
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

Great! Will try thank you!