Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbrandonpeter
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2021

QC35II Imbalanced Sound

Hi,

After installing the new update, my right ear has been playing louder (roughly 20% louder) than my left ear. The noise cancellation also seems to be a bit better on my right ear as well. When I am listening to music, the bass is way more prevalent on the right side. I have followed the steps of resetting the headphones, but it did not fix the issue.

Quiet Comfort 35 II

United States

Firmware Version: 4.8.1

App Version: 16.0

iPhone XR

5 REPLIES 5
Hector_B

Re: QC35II Imbalanced Sound

Hey bbrandonpeter, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community for the first time. We appreciate you posting and would love to assist you with this balance issue you are experiencing. 

Have you attempted to put the headset on backwards to see if the issue stays with the same side? I'd also like to know if the issue persists with all streaming services or is only noticeable on a particular one? 

Please can you also confirm if you are connected via Bluetooth or a wired connection when experiencing this issue? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information on this. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
bbrandonpeter
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2021

Hi,

Yes, I've tried using the headphones backwards, and it is still the same side that is affected- the right side of the headphone. I've tried multiple streaming services and the issues is the same.

I am connected via Bluetooth. However, wired is also the same issue.

Charlotte_G

@bbrandonpeter Thanks for getting back to us. Would you also be able to connect your headphones to an alternative device to see if the issue persists?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
bbrandonpeter
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2021

The issue seems to come and ago. I wore my headphones today and now there was more of a "static" in my right ear. When I played my music, the sound imbalance continued. However, after 5 minutes, I heard the static in my right ear "pop" and then the sound finally worked normally. Also, yes, the sound issues do occur on multiple devices.

Vicky_W

Hey Bbrandonpeter, thanks for getting back to us. Can I please confirm, do you have noise cancellation active when this happens? Does it make a difference when you change the level of noise cancellation at all? Whilst you double check this, let's perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on.

I look forward to hearing from you!