Kadafi-Audio
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2018

Re: QC35II White noise after firmware update

Hi Hector,

I returned my AE ending serial Bose due to the ANC issue following a firmware update from 4.1.3. I have just received a replacement AZ ending serial number set. I haven't opened it yet but judging by the user comments on these forums the AZ serial devices have THE SAME ISSUE!!!

I want a pair of AE ending serial headphones on the original factory 4.1.3 firmware please.

Can this be arranged?

I don't want or need AugmentedReality (AR feature) I want the ANC that worked perfectly on 4.1.3  firmware on my headphones with serial ending AE.

Hi ANC, 

Thanks for reaching out and updating me on this. 

This isn't something that would be possible to be arranged as the warehouse will stock what they have and more than likely the older pairs will have already been sent out. 

I would recommend testing the replacement pair that you have received. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B 

Kadafi-Audio
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2018

Hi Hector,

I'll go ahead open and test the new pair... But if the white noise is prevalent in these and ANC pressure sensation is not then.. what are my options?

kind regards

Hi ANC, 

Thanks for reaching back out to us. 

Please test the new pair and update me on the result and we can proceed from there! 

Thanks, 

Hector B 

Kadafi-Audio
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2018

Ok so... interesting results.... White noise can still be heard and also still no pressure sensation....

BUT Noise reduction is improved....  I can actually hear a difference between low and high settings as opposed to my last updated pair where I could not.

So the 2 things I have issue with still are...
1. Loss of ANC "airplane cabin pressure" sensation

2. White noise when ANC is on.

Which is the worst or more annoying problem of the two.. they're both equal priority for me as the orignal Bose ANC experience I had with the previous factory firmware pair was amazing... now not so amazing.

😞

Highlighted
Legitti
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

I still have those same issues, It would be cool to know if Bose is working on a new patch to fix it or if we're waiting for nothing.

Its been like that since I bought them in earlier this year and only had a day in working condition with factory patch, so for me I have had a broken headset for months now, I love them other than the issues with ANC.

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your headphones, after the test did you try any troubleshooting? If so what did you try?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Kadafi-Audio
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2018

Hi Zoe... Don't mean to sound shouty ... but they're literally brand new out of the box... troubleshooting?... I tried to turn it off and on again.. tried it in different environments.... reset them as per the instruction i found on the forums where you turn them off, plug the power cable in wait 30 seconds etc... Yes they're still giving me aforementioned problems. : (

Hi ANC, 

Thank you for confirming the steps you have tried! 

I would recommend manually updating the firmware to the latest version. 

I have included the link HERE to be of assistance. I can understand that, based on your previous comments, you would be reluctant to do this. However, We would always recommend this as it will help with Bug fixes which may have caused the issue. 

Let us know how you get on!

Kindest,

Jessie O

Kadafi-Audio
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2018

LMAO! sorry to sound rude but I am not updating to the latest firmware! The last pair which I recently returned to you was on the latest firmware and the ANC was completely useless with it! on top of that the white noise and lack of pressure.sensation.... So once I update these to latest and toast them and they end up the same as what the returned ones end up like then what? i send the back to you and you send me another pair?