TotoGuile
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 10, 2019

Re: QC35II White noise after firmware update

Hi,

I also got a AZ Headphones, and have the white noise issue.

I did the reset, no changes.

I didn't face this issue with previous firmware --> firmware must be able to correct this issue.

So I got 3 questions for the moderator :

- does the dev team aware of this issue ?

- have the dev team been able to reproduce the issue ?

- what is the action plan to correct this issue ? (i.e. when can we expect a firmware, even in beta to help solving this ?)

Regards,

Guillaume

Hi TotoGuile, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. 

Have you attempted all troubleshooting methods as suggested in the thread? 

Also the development team is aware of this issue and it has been raised. I don't have any information on a plan of action or if they have been able to replicate this issue at this moment in time. 

However once I do have an update I can ensure you that we will update the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

TotoGuile
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 10, 2019

Thanks Hector,

Yes I tried the reset, and I feel like the noise is louder ...

Looking forward to hear you with good news for the community.

Regards,

Guillaume

Hi TotoGuile, 

Thanks for the fast response. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help. 

They may be able to help you further with this issue as we have exhausted all other troubleshooting methods I can suggest here on the community. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B 

chiobes888
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 8, 2019

I’m sending my headphones out to bose for a warranty replacement. They sent me a free shipping label. Hope the new one will not have this issue. I remember having similar issue in the past with a different headphones on firmware 1.5.1. I really was convinced it was a hardware issue. I had my headphones replaced 3x but issues were still present. Until there was another update following 1.5.1 that fixed the issues once and for all. I think bose can fix this via a firmware update

Hi Chiobes888, 

Thanks for updating us on this. We are glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

chiobes888
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 8, 2019

Where did you get that idea that the issues have been resolved?

No! Issues have NOT been resolved. Phone support offered to exchange my headphones. Until I received the replacement and confirm that the issues are no longer present, ONLY then I can agree that the issues have been resolved. So far, it’s a limbo

Hi Chiobes888, 

Thanks for posting.

I look forward to your response when you receive your replacement headphones. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

jason101
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

Until Bose admit it is an issue with the AR on the AZ batch, I seriously doubt they will resolve this problem.

Whatever changes they have made to add AR, has obviously affected not only the sound quality, but also the ANC and the range of the headphones.

How come I can wear my AE pair and go in to the next room without any issues, but my AZ pair cut out as soon as I go past the door frame?

These should be the sorts of question Bose should be asking, not us.

chiobes888
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 8, 2019

Same here. My replacement will be arriving today. I doubt the new pair will NOT have the same issue, but fingers crossed. Will post an update tonight.