Legitti
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

Re: QC35II White noise after firmware update

@TotoGuile wrote:

Hi,

I did a reset a second time, and this time, I don't hear the white noise anymore.

Seems reset must be well performed to correct the issue.

FYI,

power off the headset 30s

plug the headset 5s on a USB port connected to a wallmount charger, not a PC/Mac

unplug and wait 1m before power it on again.

Still does not work.

Don C
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

What is AR for?

Bought renewed one from BOSE yesterday. Nov'17. AE. FW 3.1.8. Should have checked the SN before buying.

Muzic_Adore
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

I have new one from Bose built August 2018 with serial ending with AE. All good no issues. That firmware is no longer available. You shouldn’t update to the current one which so many people are having problem with. I know I wont update until I hear back from Bose confirming that the bugs in the current firmware is fixed.
jason101
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

AR = Augmented Reality.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aural-augmented-reality

Personally I don't think the QC35ii should have been 'upgraded'.

I think Bose should have created another model with AR specifically as the selling point.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Don C  AZ started shipping a month or two ago.  Last time I checked a few weeks back (at the Apple store, for example) - they were selling both AR and AZ.  In fact, most sales people don't have a clue that there is a difference.  As far as you go, the product you currently have, AE, will not currently nor in the future support AR (as Bose people have said here some number of times).  If you want AR, you need to return your AE and try to get an AZ.  Keep in mind though as you are reading in this thread, that some believe there are ANC issues with AZ and not the AE.

darine2010
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

I have read the questions about firmware 4.3.6 in the QC35S2 headset in this forum carefully this morning. Now I am using the headset (the serial number ends with AZ, firmware version 4.3.6,from mainland ,China). Some of the problems found are listed below: 1, white noise exists all the time, and is more obvious. When the headset is turned on, white noise is always present regardless of whether the ANC is HIGH low or off. In the case of turning off the ANC, the sound quality of the headphones is worse than my Sony headset (MDR-1ABT). 2. The effective distance of Bluetooth connection is so poor. When my computer (win7/64bit, located in the bedroom) is connected to the headset, I will receive a prompt from the bedroom to the living room at a distance of about 5 meters: the computer connection has been disconnected. 3, connnections switching is extremely inconvenient. When switching, you need to disconnect the device that is currently in use before you can switch to another one.

chiobes888
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 8, 2019

Unfortunately, the issue lies within the firmware. I had my headphones replaced twice via mail and once at a bose store. All three had 4.1.3 firmware without a single issue. After updating them to 4.3.6 was when all the issues your described came up. If you contact bose, they will deny the firmware issue and will offer a replacement headphone instead of providing a fixed firmware. When you receive your replacement headphones, do not update it to 4.3.6. Stay on 4.1.3. I updated my first two replacement for testing purchases only to isolate where the bug is coming from. After the test, I left my 3rd replacement I currently have on 4.1.3 for now.
chiobes888
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 8, 2019

Correction: “Testing purposes” not purchases. Lol
chiobes888
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 8, 2019

Correction: “Testing Purposes” not purchases. Lol