slash0841
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2020

QC35II Won't Update To Firmware Version 4.8.1

I typically check to see if there are new updates monthly for my QC35II Headphones.  I checked last night and saw that Version 4.8.1 is out.  I tried updating but continue to get the error says that the connection has been lost.  Try unplugging and plugging it back in.  It shows that I am on Version 4.8.1 on the site but then says "something happened and we couldn't update your product" and wants me to update to 4.8.1.  I tried downgrading as well and that didn't work (same issue). 

I have tried different cables with the same result.  I have also tried to to reset the headset with no luck. 

When checked the FAQ on the issue, the form is blank. 

The headphones do not connect to any devices now and will not pair. 

Any ideas on what I may do to troubleshoot this issue?  

6 REPLIES 6
Tegan_M

Re: QC35II Won't Update To Firmware Version 4.8.1

Hi Slash0841,

Thanks for reaching out to the community, sorry to hear that you are having this experience. 

Let's firstly try to get your headphones re-connected to your devices. When you turn on your headphones, what is the LED status? Are you able to clear the Bluetooth pairing list? 

• Power on your headset
  • Slide the Power switch to the Bluetooth icon and hold it for 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

Let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
slash0841
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2020

Hello, Tegan_M - 

• The LED status when I turn the device on is green.
  • I am unable to clear the pairing list.  I press and hold the power switch towards the Bluetooth indicator for 10 seconds a few times and there are no audio cues.
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@slash0841This suggestion may not get you any further, but whenever I can't clear the pairing list, I start up Bose Connect and manually remove/delete each paired device one at a time.

slash0841
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2020

Bose Connect does not pick up the device. I tried that earlier as well. 

Jessie_O

Hey Slash0841, 

Thank you for giving that a try, I'm sorry to hear that it did not resolve your issue.

As your headphones are not responding, I would recommend reaching out to your local technical support team for assistance. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of our team will be more than happy to help! 

If you have anything else we can help with, please reach out again!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Mattcd216
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2021

Similar issue here, but I'm stuck on the 'preparing update' screen.  Occasionally I get a 'disconnected' message and it starts again.  The headphones function fine, just won't update.  Been a fair few weeks now...  Tried transferring from my work iphone and personal android phone - same result.  I've re-paired with both, too.  Wonder if there's a major reset I can do to the headphones, perhaps?  Or any other ideas?