Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

QC35II not discoverable in Windows 10

Until this week, I have been able to use my QC35II with Windows 10. This week, the headphones stopped pairing. At first, the headphones could be seen in the Bluetooth Device Manager window. Now, they cannot even be seen by my PC. I have tried the various suggestions online including removing other pairings, plugging the headphones into the PC directly, using the iPhone app, and restarting my PC. The headphones tell me that they are ready to connect another device but my PC cannot find them.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: QC35II not discoverable in Windows 10

Hi Erika, 

Sorry you're suddenly unable to connect your QuietComfort 35 II Headphones, I'd love to do what I can to help. 

When you cleared the pairings of your device, did you clear the headphones off this list also? Have you also cleared the pairing list of the QC35II headphones by sliding and holding the switch to the right until you hear 'Bluetooth list clear'?

Are you able to connect your headphones to other Bluetooth devices?

I would also check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com, which will provide you with full instructions.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Hi Tegan,

Thanks for your help. To answer your questions specifically:

- Yes, I cleared the headphones off of the Windows 10 list

- Yes, I cleared all connections by sliding and holding the switch to the right until I heard "Bluetooth pairings clear"

- Yes, I am able to connect the headphones to my iPhone

- I tried to do the firmware update but the website could not find the headphones. The headphones were plugged into the computer via the USB cable and were sitting right next to it. 

Thank you!

Erika

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey Erika,

Thanks for getting back to us. Are you able to successfully pair your headphones with your iPhone, or an alternative device? 

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Yes. An iPhone. Which leads me to conclude it is the computer but I don’t know what to do. I am my own IT support.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks, Erika. As the headphones can successfully pair to other devices, I can only encourage you to conduct further troubleshooting on your computer directly. I'm sorry that we're unable to be of any additional assistance to you at this time. 

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

I have the exact same problem. I am running W10 Pro 1909 and recently, I have been unable to connect my QC35II. So annoying. Yes, they connect to iPad, iPhone, Mac, everything but W10.