Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 5, 2019

QC35II to Windows 10 -

Hello,

Getting this product to work well on Windows 10 seems quite tricky.  My bluetooth radio is the ASUS PCE-AC55BT B1 AC1200.  I got the latest drivers for it from the manufacturer and Windows seems to agree that they are the latest drivers.

I've had a good experience with the product on both my iPhone and my iPad, so I am confident this is isolated to getting the Windows 10 connection sorted out properly.

For the initial connection to my PC, I was finding the product seemed to prefer to connect via 'Hands Free' and indeed, the Recording, or Input Device, seems to only function via the 'Hands Free' device configuration pathway.  By disabling the 'Hands Free' Playback, or Output Device, I do have it defaulting correctly to the higher quality Stereo driver for playback.  But since I don't see the 'Hands Free' option in the Recording section, I hear a constant white noise.  If I disable the mic or it has a reason to smartly turn off, the white noise ceases.  For some reason, it also seems like the white noise is impairing the noise cancelling feature on the headset, but that's not the point of the post.

I've read elsewhere that this driver is 'limited' and I agree.  My question is, what's the process for troubleshooting to get the recording quality experience that's equivalent to the 'Stereo' driver one finds on the Playback side, assuming there is one?  TIA.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: QC35II to Windows 10 -

Hello JosephSchafer, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

To confirm, are you intending to use the headphones for recording applications? While the QuietComfort 35 II headphones do have built-in microphones, they are not necessarily intended to be used in environments whereby they're primarily being used as a recording device.

The headphones do utilize a feature called sidetone, which will play audio from the microphones through the headphones as a form of feedback. Whereby no audio is playing through the headphones, this is likely the audio noise that you can hear in the background. 

If you're experiencing issues with the connection from the PC to your headphones, you may find some information posts HERE and HERE with some useful information.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Warm regards,

Victoria-Mae W - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 5, 2019

Hi @Vicky_W, thanks for the reply.  Not for 'recording applications' proper, but for voice communication purposes.  WebEx, Discord, games, streaming, etc.

Is there a way to modulate the volume of sidetone or disable the feature altogether?  That 'feature' is highly undesirable for any gaming-related applications, work-related talk, and frankly, I can't really imagine a situation where I'd want it - like the 'listen to this device' feature in Windows, I've only ever used it for troubleshooting and it is, by default, off for good reason.  It's most often simply distracting.

Highlighted

Hi JosephSchafer, 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

There is no way to turn off Sidetone on these headphones I'm afraid. I have marked your post as a feature request to make our development team is aware. 

If you have any further questions please come back to us. 

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.