halfnut3
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2021

QC35II wont connect to dell laptop. Bose Software Updater not working.

I have a pair of QC35II that will not connect to my dell laptop running windows 10pro. The laptop can discover the headphones but when I try to connect it will sometimes pair but not connect but mostly nothing happens. I have tried using the online Bose Software Updater as well with the headphones plugged into usb to no avail.  I've downloaded, installed and run the updater numerous times and all it says is "that didn't work. Please refresh the browser or relaunch the updater and try again." I've made sure all other devices have bluetooth function off and unpaired and deleted the headphones countless times as well.  What am i doing wrong? Pairing a pair of headphones should not be this difficult.  They pair and work perfectly with my iphone and my PS5 bluetooth receiver.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Jessie_O

Re: QC35II wont connect to dell laptop. Bose Software Updater not working.

Hey @halfnut3

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with your QC35 II's. You have tried some great troubleshooting steps already! 

Can you tell me which firmware version you are running? You can find it in the Bose application in the product information part of the settings menu. 

I would recommend clearing the pairing list on your headphones by pushing the switch over to the Bluetooth icon for 10 seconds. Once complete, delete the pairing on your laptop and connect like a new connection. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: QC35II wont connect to dell laptop. Bose Software Updater not working.

@halfnut3(I do not work for Bose)

Unfortunately pairing with a Dell win10 machine can be very complex.  The issue is not in the QC35 - but is either an issue with the BT drivers or a conflict in windows or one of your installed applications.  I have outlines procedure here and in the speakers community of the order to try things to determine your issue.  The last resort being reinstalling windows (after an image save) and then if it works with a factory 'load' then adding windows updates and applications until it stops working.  And if all fails, you disable the internal BT firmware and go with a BT USB dongle with 'csr harmony' bt drivers.  Check out my other posts.  Unfortunately, neither Bose, Dell, Microsoft, or Intel (the BT vendor for many of the Dells) will help.  You're on your own.