Highlighted
helloparmesan
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

QC35ii BT Connection and Sound Quality Issue with Pixel 3XL

Title says it all basically. Brand new Pixel 3XL and bought headphones today, but it says they were manufactured July 25, 2018. I am usually able to connect with good sound quality for 5 minutes, but am immediately thrown into either a loop of disconnections or am met with jittery, awful sound quality (especially on calls). Any thoughts? I've tried everything from resetting my paired devce list on the headphones and my phone, to now routinely powering off the headphones and my Bluetooth settings. Really sad to have this be my first Bose experience, because my coworker let me try his on last week and I loved them so much that I bought them. Any help? 

2 REPLIES 2
helloparmesan
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Re: QC35ii BT Connection and Sound Quality Issue with Pixel 3XL

I think I have come to a temporary solution. Accessing the developer controls on my Pixel, I disabled A2DP hardware offload under the Bluetooth section which then restarted my device. After a forty minute phone conversation, I think it's safe to say it works again. Will update if not.

Re: QC35ii BT Connection and Sound Quality Issue with Pixel 3XL

Hello helloparmesan, 

Thanks for taking the time to post. 

I am very sorry to hear you are having issues with your QC35 II headphones and your Pixel 3XL.

I can see you have already attempted some troubleshooting, but for further testing, can you please try the following: 

- Test your friend's headphones with your Pixel 3XL to see if the same issue occurs. If it happens on both sets of headphones, there may be an incompatibility with the device. 

- Ensure the headphones' firmware is up to date. The fastest way to do this is to visit http://btu.bose.com on a computer, then connect the headphones with the USB charging cable when prompted. 

If the issue persists, you may still be within the returns period so please reach out to the point of sale to seek an exchange or refund. 

Let me know how you get on and if anyone else is having similar issues as helloparmesan, please try the above. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support