I have been using my QC35II more regularly in recent weeks and noticed an issue that they regularly fail to respond when trying to operate after they have entered standby mode. This occurs on about 75% of occasions when they have entered standby mode.
Description of issue:
- playback paused on headset
- headset enters standby after period set in app (see app details below)
- function button pressed when headset required to 'wake'
- voice prompt announces battery level and connection state to one or more devices
- no sound heard from headset when function button pressed or playback attempted from audio app on device(s)
- BT indicator: solid white
- Battery indicator: solid green
- toggling power switch has no effect ... lights remain illuminated, no power off, no voice announcements
- after ~5 minutes, headset powers off and power switch toggle allows power on
I assume this behaviour is not normal?
Work around is to set the standby timer to 'never' in app and rely on power toggle at all times however I'm conscious that this will lead to unplanned battery drain.
In addition, I had to replace my gen 1 QC35s in late 2020 due to a failure of the power switch so wanted to limit use of the mechanical operation as much as possible.
I have tried the headset re-set process several times.
Can you please advise if this can be addressed or if I need to return the device for service (purchase date October 2020).
Bose product name: QC35 ii
Firmware Version: 4.8.1
App Version: 15.0 (Android)
Devices: Samsung Galaxy A70 & Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e