Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mskder6
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

QC35ii & IPhone Facetime

I am using the headphones with an Iphone 8 plus and works fine but then when I get a facetime call or use it for facetime it acts as if the headphones is not there but settings show it is connected.

Frustrating as I make many video calls and just got these...

2 REPLIES 2
LaurenDougan29
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2020

Re: QC35ii & IPhone Facetime

Hi. 

I have the same issue with the NC 700s and found that a work around for iPhone would be to press where it says speaker and it should show a list of available sound options and I found my headphones there, it’s annoying but it works. 

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: QC35ii & IPhone Facetime

@mskder6Apple is a bit finicky on this for all the voice/phone calls.  I have an iphone 7+ with the latest iOS 14.2.  If the iphone gets an incoming call and you have the QC35 connected, you have to hit the middle button (between + and -) on the QC35ii to answer.  Otherwise the call gets answered by the iphone on it's internal speaker and you would then have to switch the speaker on the iphone.  Alternatively, if the QC35 is off and a call comes in you can turn it on and the call will be answered and the QC35ii.  This is not just a Bose thing.  Same thing happen's in my Prius - if I answer on the phone and not on the button on my steering wheel, the phone speaker is used and not the car speaker.  BTW - same thing is true for the Bose Revolve speaker (you have to answer using the multifunction key).  In fact, on ALL Bose speakers (I have a Revolve and Mini 2), for outgoing calls, it will keep switching back to the iPhone speaker and you may have to switch it back  to the Revolve 2 or 3 times - that is a problem Bose has never addressed.   Otherwise, for outgoing calls (audio, Facetime, Whatsapp, etc.), as long as the QC35 is turned on, I have never had an issue with hearing the call on the QC35.