Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2020

QC35ii echo when making calls

I just received QC35ii (refurbished) from bose website.  All is good but I have noticed that when I make a phone call, while connected via bluetooth, I get terrible echo. 

Ive tried reset as per instructions found here, no improvement.   when plugged in to the phone wit supplied cable, there is no echo / feedback.  also tried the updater but headphones are on latest firmware.  

I feel like I have a faulty set of QC35ii.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: QC35ii echo when making calls

Hey @markmcie,

That certainly doesn't sound normal. Are you noticing an echo of your voice or the person you're calling?

Have you been able to try a phone call using a different device via Bluetooth?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2020

Hi, the echo is from my voice.  Ive actually noticed that once the phone starts to make the call, the headphones are picking up all external noises and relaying back to me.  So yesterday, as I was on a call, I was typing on the keyboard and the noise was so loud I had to stop typing.  The person I was talking to couldn't hear the noise.  Same if the TV is on in background, its impossible to have a call.  

My QC25 on the other hand, do an excellent job at taking calls and suppressing external noise.  

Tried an Android and iPhone and same result.  

Issue is obvious with noise reduction on high, low or off

Highlighted

Thanks for this added information! 

It does certainly seem like there could be an issue with the sidetone on your headphones. At this point, I would look at the service options available. 

If you are in the US, please visit our self-service form. For other countries, please reach out to local support - Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.