Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

QC35ii gives frequent verbal battery updates, interrupting and pausing audio

Audio cuts out and headphones give battery prompt. Every 10-15 minutes the headphones cut out of whatever I’m listening to and tells me what percent they are at. Happens multiple times at 100%, 90%, 80% etc.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: QC35ii gives frequent verbal battery updates, interrupting and pausing audio

Hello Wisdomandhealth,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! 

That's very strange behaviour indeed, this should not be happening; I would be more than happy to help you out with this today. Could you please tell me if this issue occurred out of the box or is this issue has only recently started to occur. 

In the meantime, there are some troubleshooting steps that we can go through to try to get this resolved for you, those being a product reset and updating the firmware. 

To reset your product:

1. Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  2. Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  4. Power on your product.

To install a Bose system update, follow these steps (Note: A USB-A to USB-micro B cable is required for this update):

1. Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.
  2. Navigate to the Bose Bluetooth Device Updater page at btu.bose.com and select your product
  3. Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater
  4. Click "Download" to download the updater
  5. Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater, then connect the headphones to your computer via USB
  6. If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software. You can also click "Learn More" to find out about what improvements the update contains

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Re: QC35ii gives frequent verbal battery updates, interrupting and pausing audio

FYI...I have the exact same issue.  Your solution didn't work.

This behavior started around 03/17/2020 (about a week ago, just an estimate).

My QC-35 ii headset was ordered on December 16, 2018. Used daily without any issues since then, until now.

Used the suggested procedure (USB  cable power cycle) with no resolution of the interruption problem. It happens almost exactly every 15 minutes.

Please advise

Highlighted

Hi @walkonfire, Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your QC35 II's. 

If you have tried all the troubleshooting outlined in this thread, I would recommend reaching out to our team by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your region and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of the team will be more than happy to help! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Sounds like a widespread defect. BTW, customer support team says my 18-month old $300 "best-in-class" headphones are "out of warranty (1 year)", and offered to sell me another set for the reduced price of $200. Such  a deal. Well, I already have another pair. Yep, I bought two pair. It will be interesting to see if the 2nd pair, one year younger, develops this problem.

Why on earth would I gamble $200 for another set of headphones that quite likely have the same defect? Fool me once...

Unlikely (0% chance) I'll ever buy or recommend another BOSE product.

Fortunately, COVID-19 has left me lots of free time to research this issue and contact other "teams", like BBB, Attorney General, etc. Also, Gonna catch up on my reviews, starting with the BOSE QC-35ii.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Same here. This really stinks. I pay $300 for headphones, I expect them to work forever. I got 18 months out of these. The free ones i got from Delta Airlines still work, 5 years later. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 17, 2016

I have the same problem started a few months ago since I did upgrade makes the headphones very frustrating to use

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Me too. I have even tried using the audio cable, and it still interrupts audio playback regularly

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

This doesn't work, and Bose knows it.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Does BOSE have any plans to compensate the customers for this defect?