Gingersnap
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

QC35ii won't run Alexa

New headphones.  Paired fine with my phone, including voice control is working for what I've tested so far (it's 6:30 on Christmas morning so I didnt actually try calling anyone!).  But when I use the Alexa button it keeps telling me to open the Alexa app ... which is already open a foot from the headphones.  Have restarted the phone, reinstalled the Connect app, and turned headphones off and on a couple times ... with the same outcome.  Help!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: QC35ii won't run Alexa

Hello Gingersnap, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry that you are having this issue and would love to assist, To start with it would be great to confirm your region and that you are logged into the Alexa app. After that, could you please try the following steps and let me know how you get on?

• Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.
  • Perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.