Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bellamonieman
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

QC35ll notifications

My QC35ll are connected to my Samsung Galaxy S8 but am not receiving voice prompt that a text message, email etc.. has arrived.  The only way I notice is that the volume on the QC35ll goes down slightly.  Have checked my apps and all are set to sound notifications.  Have no clue why this happening.  Can someone help?

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_F

Re: QC35ll notifications

Hi @bellamonieman,

That must be a pain! Not to worry - I'll be happy to help you hear your notifications clearly. Out of curiosity, do you know if your phone is set to silent, or within the sound settings you've adjusted the ringer volume to be low or off? Also, when you disconnect the headphones and receive texts, emails, etc do you hear the tone play from your phone?

If possible, try testing the headphones with another device that receive notifications and let me know if you notice the same behavior or something different.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
bellamonieman
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

No my phone is not set to silent mode, as I hear all notification sounds from my various apps.  I also double checked each app to ascertain that each was set to make notifications sound when incoming message or email.  Unfortunately can't connect to another device to test.

Sam_F

Thanks for checking that out, @bellamonieman.

Are you testing receiving notifications whilst listening to music? What happens when you aren't listening to music - is there any tone played through your headphones?

Did you get round to testing the notifications sound with the headphones not connected? Did all applications including email/text give off a tone for a new notification?

Also, has this always been the case with your Samsung phone? How long have you been using the headphones for?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
bellamonieman
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

Hi Sam

When listening to radio from my S8 while wearing headphones, I get no notification sound, just the listening volume going down.  With all apps off, and wearing headphones, I will receive a notification from incoming text.  So when listening to radio or tv with headphones, no tone at all.

This has been the case for the last year with my S8.  I have my headphones for the last 1,5 years