Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2020

QUIETCOMFORT 35 II

Headphones are showing as being fully charged when plugged in, green light on but they will not connect via bluetooth, they are dead.  When they are unplugged green light goes out and there is no power.  Headphones have not been dropped, damaged etc.

I searched on Bose website regarding warranty, on day of expiry and was informed that warranty is out.

Can anyone please advise / help? 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: QUIETCOMFORT 35 II

Hi Castlewellcjm, thank you for posting on the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some power issues when the headset is not connected to power. Can you please let us know if you have attempted any troubleshooting on the headset so far? 

If you haven't a great first step would be to see if a PC recognizes the headset when attempting to perform an update. To do this simply connect the headset to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable. Once connected please visit our Online Updater and follow the on-screen instructions. 

I'd also like to know if you still had the proof of purchase for your headset as the warranty would begin the day you purchased them. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2020

Thank you for your response.

I have tried to re-set them as per the Bose website.

I connected to my PC and tried the Bose Updater, but they are not recognized by the PC, I am not re-directed to the update page.

I don't have the proof of purchase / receipt, I bought them on July 21st 2019 and I did the search on the Bose website on July 21st 2020, by that time they were not working for a couple of months.  

Regards,

Highlighted

Hey @Castlewellcjm,

I appreciate you trying those steps - sorry to hear things haven't improved for you.

At this stage, I think it's best if you get in touch with local support, to discuss the next steps in finding you a resolution. They'll be more than happy to inform you of what can be done to get you a fully functioning set of headphones.

Please let me know how you get on with that.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2020

Hi Sam_F,

my local Bose outlet is closed due to Covid, there is no in-country support.  I have tried the helpline of the neighboring (UK) country a number of times by phone but I am put on hold for 90 minutes with no response.

I believe my 12 months warranty still applies as I made contact with Bose within the 12 months, can you please advise?

Thanks,

Highlighted

@Castlewellcjm, can I please ask which region you are in?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2020

Hi Vicky_W,

I am in Ireland, the Dublin store is closed, so no local support.

Regards,

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming! You have a local support team ready and happy to help here