RaRa2854
Participant
Registered since

Feb 13, 2021

Qc 35ii volume buttons not working when connected to soundbar 500

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name 

QC35 ii headphones

Country 

USA

Firmware Version

App Version

Bose music app 4.2.4

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on 

Bose 500 soundbar

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

The headphones work great with the Bose connect app. I can control volume of the music with the buttons on headphones. When headphones are connected to soundbar and tv is playing, the volume is low and the volume control buttons will not increase/decrease the sound. I hear a beep if I try to increase volume.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Living room

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

I just bought these headphones 

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Checked to make apps were updated; turned on/off headphones and soundbar.

3 REPLIES 3
Charlotte_G

Re: Qc 35ii volume buttons not working when connected to soundbar 500

Hey @RaRa2854, welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am sorry that you're having some trouble with the volume of your QC35 II's when connected to your Soundbar 500 via SimpleSync.

The beep that you hear indicates that the headphones are at max volume. Let's check this within the Bose Music app. Where the volume slider is in the Bose Music app, you'll see an arrow that allows you to expand the box to show the individual volumes of the soundbar and the headphones. Are you able to screenshot this and send it over?

I look forward to hearing back from you,

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
RaRa2854
Participant
Registered since

Feb 13, 2021

when my headphones are grouped with tv, the slider volume bar is not able to change volume on iPhone.

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this RaRa. 

Are you grouping with the TV or the Soundbar 500 as you have let us know two different devices in your posts. 

Can you please also attach a screenshot of the screen you see when attempting to adjust the volume? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!