Highlighted
caprec
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

Qc15 won’t turn on

My headphones have been stored in their original case and taken care of very well.  They have not been used for a year and I went to use them and they won’t turn on.  I’ve replaced the battery and have made sure that the battery works but nothing happens when I turn it on.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Qc15 won’t turn on

Hello caprec ! 

Thanks for taking the time to post, and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had with powering on your QC15 headphones and would be happy to help!

As you've already inserted a new battery, can I ask that you check the condition of the battery compartment and contacts?

I would suggest that you use compressed air to blow any dust or debris out of the battery compartment, and be sure the spring on the battery door is not mis-shapen and that it is making contact with the battery. Please double-check that the "+" and "-" match the correct polarity symbols on the battery compartment.

If possible, please use rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab/bud to clean both battery contacts; one is in the compartment; one is the spring on the door. If you are able to do this, please let the product air dry before use again!

If you have been able to do the above, and you are still not able to power on the product, I would advise that you reach out to Bose Support in your region by selecting your country/region, and navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page if needed. This team would be able to assist you with service if needed.

Please get back to me to let me know how you get on!

Liam W - Community Support