Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Quiet Comfort 15 Mic Does Not work with Zoom

Hello,

I have some Bose Quiet Comfort 15 wired headphones. They work perfectly with my iPhone, however, when I plug them into my MacBookPro, the mic is not working.

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks

John

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Quiet Comfort 15 Mic Does Not work with Zoom

Hey John, 

So glad to hear that you are still enjoying your QuietComfort 15's. Let's get them working with your MacBook Pro. Having had a look at some Apple forums, I can see that we may need to take a look at the settings on the laptop itself. Have you had a play to see if you can select the headphones as an 'External Microphone'? If so, please can you test with another program to see if the microphone works? 

Let me know how you get on, as we may need to look at the settings on Zoom itself. 

As always if any other community users have any suggestions, I would love to hear them!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

I'm having the same issue with my 2015 Macbook Pro 15" running MacOS 10.15.4 Catalina.  I have the inline mic cable installed on my QC 15s.  They are recognized by the computer's output and function fine as headphones.  But the Mac does not recognize the microphone.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 3, 2015

Are you using the following cable?

• QuietComfort 15 inline remote and microphone cable (detachable)

I'm not sure if early QC15s came with this -- my recollection is they only came with a standard audio cable. Looking at Amazon specs for the most recent discontinued product, it looks like Bose ended up shipping them with both a standard audio cable and an inline mic cable. 

If the cable you're using doesn't have the inline mic then you don't have a mic on those headphones. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

Yes.  I actually have two of them.  Neither seems to work with my 2015 MacBook Pro.  The speakers work fine but the mic doesn't.