Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Quiet Comfort 35 Headphones won't connect the macbook pro

I have a 2019 Macbook pro on MacOS Catalina. For christmas I got new Bose Quite comfort 35 II Noise canceling headphones. They do not appear in my bluetooth on my macbook pro. But, I have been able to connect them to my google pixel phone. 

I turn the headphones on and verify that the Bluetooth is in connect mode. The white dot light by the Bluetooth will flash. If I wear the headphones it says it's trying to connect to my phone but can't find the connection. 

When I go on my macbook pro bluetooth connection settings. It doesn't show up in the list at all as an option to select and pair with. I've paired lots of devices in the past, I work at a tech company, so it's not like rocket science to me. 

How can I get these headphones to connect? When they don't appear in my macbook pro bluetooth options even when the headphones are in bluetooth sync mode. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Re: Quiet Comfort 35 Headphones won't connect the macbook pro

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Thank you for your help. I was able to update the firmware and connect my device to my MacBook pro. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Hey mjcaptain, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you have had this experience, let's look into this further for you. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you ensure that the QuietComfort 35's are running the latest software version. You can do this by connecting it to a PC and visiting our online updater, then following the onscreen instructions to update the headset. 

Let's also try to reset the headphones by following these steps below: 

• Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Im having the same problem with my quiet comfort 35 I and I cant get it to connect to my MacBook pro. Im running catalina and not sure why it will not sure up on my bluetooth devices?

Highlighted

Hi @mjcaptain, Thank you for your post and welcome. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are also having issues with connecting your QC35 to your MacBook Pro?

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps outlined in this thread?

Let me know!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

I did however  the updater is not working for some reason. I have tried it 4 times now and it will not go to the next screen. 

Highlighted

I'm sorry to hear that it isn't working @clascano

Have you tried a different web browser?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

No I haven't im using safari but Ill try chrome now. Thank you

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Well it doesn't work on a Chrome browser either. Im not sure how to update my firmware if I cant connect my headphones. 

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Ok so I was able to update the headphones. It now has the 3.0.3 however 

I reset the headphones and tried to start it up again. It keeps saying connect to my iPhone 

however I disconnected the device off my iPhone and I wanted to see how to disconnect the headphones. I am trying to see if it will find my Mac book pro.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Thank you for your help. I was able to update the firmware and connect my device to my MacBook pro. 

View solution in original post