Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2020

Quiet Comfort 35 II (4 pole jack not included) and therefore mic not working

This is my first Bose and bought it for video calls and presentations (for work). 

Was excited to start using it and after troubleshooting for a while (privacy settings and troubleshooting steps) and finally learned that the mic is not working because the cable that comes with the headset is not a 4 pole jack.

What a let down! My previous Beats and even a $25 headset come with a 4 pole jack and could use it with the PC right away. This expensive one doesn’t comes with it. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Quiet Comfort 35 II (4 pole jack not included) and therefore mic not working

Hello Peisima, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

The microphone is not enabled nor are any electronic functions besides Active Noise Cancellation when the audio cable is engaged with the headphones. To use the headphones' microphone, you must connect wirelessly to your computer/media device via Bluetooth.

An alternative, if you wish to achieve a wired connection would be to use the audio cable from a QC25. These can be purchase via the Bose website, or by contacting local support in your region.

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2020

Re: Quiet Comfort 35 II (4 pole jack not included) and therefore mic not working (Disappointed!)

Incredible! We have to go out and get yet another cable? Other brands expensive (beats) or cheap sent this by default.

The whole point is not to have to be concerned with pairing and charging if we are going to use it for long hours on a regular basis. Besides, we can’t afford for the Bluetooth to drop the connection during video conf or presenting things.

Had a high expectation for Bose.