Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Quiet Comfort 35ii - AE or AZ

Can anyone tell me the diffetrence between the Quiet Comfort 35ii's with a serial number ending in AE or AZ 

Whats the difference ? 

4 REPLIES 4
cesarv
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Re: Quiet Comfort 35ii - AE or AZ

The AZ has augmented reality features.

If you're going to buy a pair and can choose between both, get the AE and DO NOT update the firmware.

Highlighted
Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

@cesarv wrote:

The AZ has augmented reality features.

If you're going to buy a pair and can choose between both, get the AE and DO NOT update the firmware.

Cheers for the replly mate, 

No choice, I had AE's that were hit with the ANC bug with 4.5.2 firmware (the bug that BOSE still refuses to acknowledge exists!!) so the replacements they sent out are AZ with 4.1.3 and the ANC on high is perfect....... definatley wont be upgrading firmware anytime soon!!!

cesarv
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Yea. Make sure you set your headphones settings on the app and then delete the app from your devices.

I have the NC700, and just purchased a pair of QC35 II with, just like you, 4.1.3 and the sound is definitely better on this than the newer model. ANC seems good, but the real test will come in a few hours when I take the bus back home. If they pass the test, I'll definitely return the NC700... not worth the price; and if not, I'll downgrade to 3.1.8 and test again.

Regards

Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

I cant delete the app though, I have Soundsport Free's and often need to change ANC (work / home) so I need it 

problem is everytime I go in it downloads a little bit more of the crap firmware update, I know it will prompt before installing but its a worry

If you put the phone into Airplane mode then turn on the bluetooth it wont download anymore but its a pain in the arse to have to do that everytime I need to go into the app to be honest, just wish Bose would hurry up and (firstly acknowledge there IS a problem) and then replease a fix !