Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Quiet Comfort 35ii Bluetooth Constantly Dropping

A few weeks back these started disconnecting and reconnecting constantly, every 10-15 mintes-ish.  When I turned on noise prompts (not related to problem) I found out that it's disconnecting every time it announces how much battery life is left.  Turning off voice prompts doesn't solve the disconnect problem however, they still happen regularly just without a voice telling me the battery life.  I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, no difference.

I found a closed thread from 2018 of the exact problem, which was solved with a firmware update.  However, I already have the most current version of 4.5.2 according to the Connect app.  I tried manually updating with my PC but same thing.  I even tried what a tech suggested about turning the headphones off for 30 seconds, plug into a charger for 5 seconds, unplug for 60 seconds then turn on again.  Nothing.

Please help!  I use these working from home (COVID-19) and my clients don't understand why I keep dropping out all the time.        

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Re: Quiet Comfort 35ii Bluetooth Constantly Dropping

Anyone?

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Three things to eliminate:

1. the location - move to a completely different location and see if the problem persists

2. the other device - try connecting the QC35ii to a different smart device/phone - preferably a different make/model (android to iphone or iphone to android).  It really is immaterial imho if you can get some other vendors headphones to work with your other BT device as it will not help narrow the issue.

3. and a 'long shot' - you can talk via 4G/5G/LTE or you can talk over voice over wifi (at least there is an option on an iphone).  See if the problem happens for both options.  Then check conferencing software like Whatsapp, Skype, and Zoom to see if it happens with all the options and apps or just some of them.

What you want to determine is on which end the problem is.  You seem to be assuming it is the Bose end but you have not yet proved that by systematically testing the other end.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

I'll see what I can find out.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

I have the same problem as you. After investigating, here's what I did to fix it.

• Install the manual Bose installer app. 
  • Connect to headphones via USB-A cable.
  • It should give you a prompt on the page where you installed it saying that it's up to date but it needs to manually install a new update for the voice prompts.
  • Install it.

It worked for mine from here on out. If you're still having the problem now, give this a whirl and let me know how it goes. 🙂

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Thanks, everyone.

Problem SOLVED.

It was my PC that was attempting to connect to the headphones on a regular basis.  Once I removed the Bluetooth profile the problem went away.

Definite pain to troubleshoot but it's all better now.

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

Hi,

Do you have a direct link to that manual installer app? Is it on Android or iphone appstore? I can't find it yet, but the bluetooth dropping out is a killer during video conferencing and it gets worse every day....

Thanks in advance.

Michel

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2020

Re: Quiet Comfort 35ii Bluetooth Constantly Dropping out

It seems that having 2 appliances trying to connect to the headphones will cause the drop out issue. I had my phones connecting to my iPhone and my iPad at the same time. I have made my phone ”forget” my headphones and the problem has gone away.