messersz
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Quiet Comfort I microphone doesn't work for iPhone calls

Hello,

I just got a pair of QC35 I's, and tried taking a call on them.  I had them connected to my iPhone X.  I was able to hear the other person talking, but they can't hear anything that I say.  Is there anything specific I need to do in order to use the micrphone? 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Quiet Comfort I microphone doesn't work for iPhone calls

Hello messersz,

Thank you very much for your message, welcome to the community. 

I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your microphone, but I would love to get this resolved for you. 

I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Can you also confirm that your mobile device is not muted when you are on the phone call?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Tegan M - Community Support 

messersz
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Hi Tegan,

I confirmed that my phone was not muted. I always tried resetting the headphones per your instructions below. People on the other end of the call still cannot hear me. I can hear them, and I can hear myself, but they can’t hear me.

I bought this as factory renewed from Bose, but I’m hoping it’s not an issue with the headphones. But, I can’t seem to find any iPhone settings that would be causing the issue.

If you have any more ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

Zach

Hello messersz,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to hear that the troubleshooting did not work. I would recommend that you test the headphones with another phone to see if there is a difference, I would also like you to check that you have the latest firmware update for the headphones.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

messersz
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Thanks for the response.

I connected the headphones to my wife’s iPhone, a different model, and had the same issue.

The second day I had the headphones, I updated to the latest firmware, and the app says I am up to date.

Thanks,

Zach

Hello messersz,

Thanks for giving that a go and getting back to me, I am sorry that you are still experiencing these issues. It is very strange behavior, I would recommend that you call the customer care team as they will be able to assist you further with this issue.

I am sorry that I have not been able to assist you further on this occasion.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C