Highlighted
kkarpay
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

QuietComfort 15 flashing green light clicking, replacing battery does not address

I have a wonderful 10+ year old pair of Bose QuietComfort 15 headphones with a problem: the green light flickers, and sound clicks on and off intermittently.  I've replaced the battery and problem continues.  The clicking is worse in noisy areas or on airplanes with turbulence.  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: QuietComfort 15 flashing green light clicking, replacing battery does not address

Hello Kkarpay, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

It is wonderful to hear that you have loved your headphones for 10+ years now. As I am sure you are aware, the LED blinking green is an indication that the battery level is low. Replacing the batteries was a great start, can I please confirm, were these brand new batteries you put into the headphones? As sometimes, when batteries have been used before, they may not hold the correct amount of power for the headphones.

In terms of the audio issue, there are a few things we can do to resolve this issue. To start with, trying another audio device with the headphones can help. This will allow us to identify where the route of the issue is. After this, we can check things like the audio cable and the AUX point on the headphones to ensure there is no damage. 

If you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Please do let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
kkarpay
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Re: QuietComfort 15 flashing green light clicking, replacing battery does not address

It was a defective, new battery. I tried another new battery. That solved it.  Thank you!