Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddbjen
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2020

QuietComfort 15 one side no sound

One side of my quietcomfort 15 stopped working.  I hear sound on only one side now.  Any suggestions for correcting this?  I'd prefer to avoid buying new headphones.

7 REPLIES 7
Hector_B

Re: QuietComfort 15 one side no sound

Hi ddbjen, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to see that your first post here is due to an issue with your headset. 

Can you please let us know if the issue happens with all devices or only a certain device? I would recommend removing a reseating the connection from both the headset and the device, as well as ensuring that there is no debris blocking any of the ports on the headset. 

Please also attempt to adjust the Hi/Lo switch on the headset to see if this makes any difference to the audio. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of both of these steps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Aone
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2020

I just experienced the exact same probleme.
I Was on my computer listening to music when it happend, I tought maybe it was my computer port that I was using from the front of the computer so I plugged it in the back, same result, so I plugged it in my phone, same result.  I then tried a really really old headphone that I found in a backpack and both ears were working on all ports on my computer, I retried my bose QC15 on my computer still not working on the left speaker.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi Aone,

If your headphones are only playing audio from one ear with every device you have tried them with, it is worth looking at the condition of the audio cable. In case the connectors at both ends of the audio cable have a buildup of debris or corrosion, it would be worth applying a small amount of isopropyl alcohol to a cloth and wiping the metal connectors. You will want to dry the connectors completely, before you reconnect the cable try again.

Once you've checked the cable, if you still only get sound from one ear it would be worth trying another audio cable. The cable the QC15 uses is a 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack cable, so any cable with these connectors will work with the headset.

Let me know how you get on!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
xnsxns
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2021

I now have the same problem, no sound on right (non-cabled side) ear in QC15. I have a 2nd pair, and switching the other set in on the same cable&device works find. Tapping, rapping, wiggling does not restore the dead ear. It also has no sound cancellation.

Hector_B

Sorry to hear this xnsxns, 

As you are still experiencing this issue, I would recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

ccr
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2021

i had the same trouble on my bose 15 so i had a spare male to male end and try it and the right side came back to life . so my trouble was the plug in wire .so if this happen to you get a 3.5 male to male and try it before tearing it apart . and thanks for the tip

Danny smith
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2021

One side not working