Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 8, 2019

QuietComfort 35 II Battery Drains quickly when device is OFF

Hello!
I've been with this issue for a while now.

The battery of my QuietComfort 35 II drains real quick from 100% .... to 60% after couple of hours,then it goes to 40% when the device is turned OFF; and after been charging for almost 48 consecutive hours to the wall charger.

The current firmare they have installed is Version 4.3.6; and have erased all deviced paired to them just in case.

Any helping hand with this problem?
Thanks in advance!

Andres

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: QuietComfort 35 II Battery Drains quickly when device is OFF

Hello Andres,

Thank you very much for your post, welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this power issue with your QC35 II headphones. 

Firstly the QC35 II headphones do only require a 2.25 hour charge time, we would not recommend that you charge these for such a lengthy time as this can damage the battery of your headphones over time. 

I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Please let us know if this helps. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 8, 2019

Hi Tegan, thanks for jumping in on this thread. Smiley Very Happy

Yeah, I've tried the steps you mention here, and the issue is still around.

Since I do have the latest firmware, which would another approach?

Andrés.

Highlighted

Hi Andres,

Thank you for this update. 

When you turn your headphones off, are they completely powered off? You have no LED's lit on the headphones which would indicate that they are using power?

I would also turn off your device tones and notification sounds as this can affect the battery performance. 

Warm regards,

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 8, 2019

That's correct - Power switch is in off position (meaning button on left position and showing a red mark); .. the device is turned off; no LED glowing, no nothing.

Currently is not paired to any device (mobile phone and/or laptop), so is not taking sounds/notifications from anything.

Battery remains draining after long charges....

Highlighted

Thank you for confirming this Andres!

Do you consistently charge your headphones for longer than the needed 2.25hours? 

Many thanks,

Tegan M 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 8, 2019

Since this issue has been around for a while now; I do monitor the charging period until the LED goes green.

When it goes solid green, I disconnect them from the power outlet.

There are other situations on where it can be plugged only 10 minutes since headphones are with less than 50% battery charge, LED flashes amber for a while, then goes green announcing 100%; but it lasts for short periods of time; and start decreasing fast with no constant usage.

Highlighted

Hello Andres,

In this instance I would recommend that you get in contact with your regions official Bose Support as we have tested all the troubleshooting that we would recommend for this situation. Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information, an agent there will be more than happy to discuss what options are available for you at this time.

I am sorry that we could not do more for you at this time via this platform. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Hi Tegan,

I have seen numerous such problem in the forum, and NONE of them have been solved (The eventual solution is always to go to a support centre). Just name a few,

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC35-ii-battery-drain-while-off/td-p/221897

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Bose-QuietComfort-35-Series-II-battery-draining-whe...

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/QC35-ii-battery-drain-while-off/td-p/111344

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC35-battery-drain-when-off/td-p/238074

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Quiet-Comfort-35-Battery-dies-when-powered-off/td-p...

I just bought a bose qc35 ii that also suffers this problem (firmware 4.5.2). I'm quite sure the company must have noticed this problem since there have been so many complaints with firmware version ranging from 3.1.8 to 4.5.2. So is it a hardware malfunction that cannot be solved by updating the firmware? Is it that some headsets are good but some are suffering this problem? I like this headset but now have to think about whether to exchange for a new one to try my luck (for an OK product without this malfunction) or just return it and buy another brand. 

Best

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 8, 2019

Well..  somebody adding fresh water here.

Honestly I just gave up on this thing; and just like you said: it's now a matter of best luck for next purchase opportunity ... Or start thinking in another brand.

(By the way; just realized while I'm writing this post that actual firmware is version 4.5.2 - will see how it works...)