dzamora
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones series 1

hello, i bought my headphones 2 years ago. This past month I connected them to my computer to charge and it did and automatic update and i am not pleased with it. what can i do to take that feature of? They connect automatically to my phone without me switching it to the on position via bluetooth it gets annoying to have them on all the time even if i am not using them. what can i do to fix this or is there another update that will come out that will not have this feature.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones series 1

Hi Dzamora, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy following the update. 

So I have a better idea of whats going on, could you confirm if your headphones are now on all the time? For example, are the lights on when the headphones are powered off?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

dzamora
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

when the headphones are charged and my phone is close to them they do turn on automatically and the light for the power is on all time and in order for me to turn them off I have to swtich them on then off again but then they come back on again unless i turn my bluetooth of from my phone but they still remain on searching for a device to connect to so they stay on with out me noticing they are on and the battery drains so they shut off.

Hi Dzamora, 

Thank you for coming back to me and thank you for providing this information! It is most helpful. 

Can you confirm that if you turn off the Bluetooth on your phone, does your headset remain on (lights on) while the switch is in the 'off' position?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest,

Jessie O 

dzamora
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Yes the light stays on and tries to look any other device that has connected to them. but still the light stays on.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@dzamora 

This is a known and 'admitted' hardware problem that was reported about 18 months ago.  Dozens of people have reported it here.  There is a post a bit further down about the QV35i not turning itself off with about 76 screens - check it out.  You can not do anything about it other than fix it yourself with the pictures and instructions in that post OR ask Bose (probably multiple times with supervisor escalations) for a free exchange even out of warrantee.  Do not pay for the exchange.  Be persistent and keep calling back - eventually you will hook up with someone who will do it for you.

There is no workaround.  Its a problem with the contacts in the on/off switch.

Hello @dzamore, 

Thank you for confirming that!

For more information, I would recommend checking out this post by our Community Admin: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself - Page 72

We advise at this point to contact your local Customer Service Center to discuss service options. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please accept my apologies that we could not help you further with this matter.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G