Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hemorrow
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 20, 2020

Quietcomfort 35 Keeps disconnecting from mac air

I have Bose Quiet Comfort 35 wireless headphones. They have worked awesome for about a year but recently they have been disconnecting from my MacBook Air after 2-3 mins of listening.

Typically works for a few mins then my headphones stop playing and music plays from my laptop, but it still says they are connected.

Here’s some info and stuff I have already tried.

• 2016 MacBook Air updated Catalina 10.15.2

• Connects to my iPhone X no problem, does not disconnect like it does my laptop.

• restarted and updated computer

• completely disconnected the headphones from laptop and reconnected

• updated my headphones yesterday (2/19/20)

• it is not connected to a receiver (I’ve heard this is an issue for some people)

•  reset the headphones (turn off, wait a min, plug in wait, unplug wait, turn on)

• my Bose app is updated, everything is connected great.

• Says it’s Bluetooth is connected to my headphones from my laptop while music plays out loud.

• other Bluetooth headphones work with my laptop (but I have removed all other Bluetooth devices from my computer to try and fix the problem)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joe Mamma
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Re: Quietcomfort 35 Keeps disconnecting from mac air

Author Accepted Answer selected by hemorrow

Found this that worked for me today.  Please share this with others where QC35 won't stay connected to your Macbook (I have a Macbook Pro late 2016 Catalina, but this may be an issue with the MB Air as well).

Like everyone else, I tried all the canned recommended solutions prior to doing this (restarts, reboots, clearing devices, updating firmware, remove/add etc). Although it stays connected now, I am not sure the longevity of this solution. 

Fix 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Jessie_O

Hi @hemorrow, Thanks for reaching out and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear that your QC35's are disconnecting from your Mac. 

Have you tried clearing the pairing list on your headphones and the Mac and pairing like a new connection? You can do this on the headphones by sliding the switch to Bluetooth for 10 seconds until you hear 'Device List Cleared'. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ESA2020
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

I'm having the exact same problem. Clear the connections did not work for me. Please let me know if you have found a solution!

hemorrow
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 20, 2020

Hi there @Jessie_O

Disconnecting from all devices did not work, I have tried it multiple times, unfortunately. 

Is there any other direction I can take, or should I call Bose support for more help? 

Jessie_O

Hi there @hemorrow. I think calling support will be a good idea. 

Let us know how it goes! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Chady
Participant
Registered since

Mar 7, 2020

I have the exact same problem. Any solution yet from anyone ? Please share

BAS888
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

As of today I am having the same problem. Constantly disconnecting from any device. Tried removing all stored connections on the headphones and cleared/forgot the connection on my iPhone. Tried resetting headset via this method:

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

. Tried everything I could find on the internet. No success. Any solution available yet? Thank you

hemorrow
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 20, 2020

@BAS888 @Chady 

Unfortunately, no I did not find a solution. Actually, one of my ears went out and I had to send them in to warranty for a new pair and they are currently in the mail. 

I'm worried it might be something wrong with my laptop, not the headphones because my pair of Audiotechnica ATH-M50x headphones also keeps disconnecting. 

I'm hoping these new ones work before I try and go further into troubleshooting. Let me know if you find a solution, please!

Joe Mamma
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by hemorrow

Found this that worked for me today.  Please share this with others where QC35 won't stay connected to your Macbook (I have a Macbook Pro late 2016 Catalina, but this may be an issue with the MB Air as well).

Like everyone else, I tried all the canned recommended solutions prior to doing this (restarts, reboots, clearing devices, updating firmware, remove/add etc). Although it stays connected now, I am not sure the longevity of this solution. 

Fix 

View solution in original post

Dadani
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

My Bose Quietcomfort started disconnecting from Mac just after I ran the update for the headset. Now I have two problems: disconnecting from MacBook and low sound from the Iphone.