Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcsains
Participant
Registered since

Jul 5, 2021

Quietcomfort QC 35 II - one earcup cutting in and out, intermittent static

Hi,

The right cup of my QC 35 II has begun cutting in and out erratically. It seems to be rooted in the hardware, as this happens anytime I move my head at all.

This does not appear to be related to any software settings on the devices it's connected to. It happens both when connected to my phone and computer, and affects all audio - including the inbuilt lady's voice telling me what it's connected to.

This began happening yesterday. I've also had an issue for the last few months where a static sort of rustling noise will emerge from one - and only ever one - earcup erratically. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to when it happens, but it does go away if noise cancelling is disabled. Which, for a pair of noise cancelling headphones, is obviously not ideal.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. The headphones are up-to-date on firmware, and I've already run through the device reset process to no avail.

Cheerio!

Ryan

3 REPLIES 3
Jessie_O

Re: Quietcomfort QC 35 II - one earcup cutting in and out, intermittent static

Hey Ryan, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

This is some really great information you have provided and some great troubleshooting steps! 

Based on the information you have provided, particularly with the voice notifications, I believe your observation of a hardware fault to be the most likely. Therefore, I would recommend that you reach out to your local technical support team for assistance as you may need a service. You can find the details by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. We will do all we can to help! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@rcsainsJust to double check before you follow the hardware malfunction road.  Was the problem happening with Bluetooth or wired.  If it was wired, it could be the wire.  I am seeing issues on a QC35ii with wired having your symptoms.  I replaced the unit already - still happening.  I am thinking it is the 3.5-inch end (not the end connected to the QC35ii).

rcsains
Participant
Registered since

Jul 5, 2021

Hi Joel,

I myself haven't actually used the 3.5 connection for about a year, I exclusively use the bluetooth function. That was actually part of my reason for buying these headphones - I was tired of cabled headphones developing connection problems and sounding... well, exactly like what these are now sounding like.

Cheers for checking!