Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Quitecomfort 35 dead all the sudden.

I am using Bose quitecomfort 35. It was working all fine till yesterday. My battery drained completely and turned off. I plugged into power but no lights turned on stating that it’s charging. I initially thought battery is completely drained and I will have to wait for few mins for it to turn on. I let it charge for more than 2 hours but it never turned on. I tried connecting to the computer but it didn’t detect my headphone. What should I do to see what’s going on? I tried the standard reset option but didn’t help. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Quitecomfort 35 dead all the sudden.

@KarthicksLet Bose know if you have a QC35i or QC35ii.  There is a 2+ year known problem on some QC35i's with faulty on/off switches that cause them to be on even when switch off.  If you have a QC35i, this is your problem and there is NO workaround - you either have to fix it yourself (instructions elsewhere on the Internet) or exchange them and then go through a quite long calling and recalling process to get your exchange for free (if you are out of warranty).  If you have QC35ii, there are others here with similar issues and the 'cause' has not yet been determined.