m29matt
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2017

Re: Headphones power on automatically

Just went through the same troubleshooting steps, Almaviva. I even tried rolling back to version 1.0 of the firmware to see if that fixed the issue - no dice. 😕 Bose support emailed. I'll update here when I hear back from them on the issue.

ellepeepee
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2017

Went through the same troubleshooting as well over the phone (software update, refresh devices list, unpair/ pair etc.), and it worked well for about half an hour but as soon as I paired it to 2 devices (my phone and watch), the issue started again. I called Bose again this morning and they are issuing me a replacement pair. 

I have to say I am thoroughly impressed with the support from Bose and will definitely keep purchasing Bose products in the future! 

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey Elle!

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're all set and I appreciate your kind words about our support team. Let me know how your new set works out?

Have a wonderful day and thanks for being a part of the community,

Shiloh_C 

dplama
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2017

I am having a similar issue with my headphone. Since I bought the product from Amazon(who I believe are Bose authorised dealers), what would be my best course of action to resolve this? I live in the UK and who should I contact?
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi dplama!

Thanks for joining the conversation. I'm including a link here to Bose UK support.  Just give them a call and they'll be able to give you some more information on what your available options are.  Let me know if you need anything else. 

I hope you're having a wonderful day!

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

m29matt
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2017

Three weeks and no response from Bose via email. 😕 Going to try calling tonight.

m29matt
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2017

The only option support can offer me is to purchase a new pair of the same headphones at a discounted rate. I'm really not sure I want to continue to purchase Bose products for hundreds of dollars if I can't expect them to last even two years. That is genuinely pathetic longevity for something at this price point.

weaksauce
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2018

Hey,

I am having the exact same issue. Turn headphones off, they turn back on themselves. I've purchased these on 11/25/2016 so I am assuming these are no longer under warranty. Support is closed right now so I didn't get to speak with anyone yet. 

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi weaksauce!

Thanks for posting in the community!  Let me reach out to you via DM to see if I can help.

Take care,

Shiloh_C

weaksauce
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2018

Hi Shiloh_C,

I spoke with customer support on the phone earlier today and they are sending me a replacement.

Thanks for the quick response though!