Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 19, 2018

Re: Headphones power on automatically

Hi Community,

I am having the same issue, the headphones are turning on randomly. The issue appeared couple of months ago. I have purchased them from US but now I am living in R. of Moldova where is no official service. What can I do in this case? 

Thank you,

Doru.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Turtudo

Thanks for posting. We do actually have a service center that covers your region. Here is a link that could help. Feel free to reach out to them for assistance.

Please come back and let us know how it goes

Tony

Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2018

QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

My Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones are turning on by themselves.

Even if I don't turn them on or connect to them w/ my phone or laptop, they suddenly awaken by their own volition and connect to whatever device they can get their bluetooth-driven hands on.

I've checked, and the power switch on the side is definetly set to "Off." Doesn't seem loose or broken. The headphones are running the latest update.

As I can't continuously turn the headphones off every waking hour of my day, this is becoming a problem. It's draining all the battery from my headphones.

I've checked the other threads on here about this very issue, but the only solution I've seen is to contact support and hope for a repair/replacement.

Is there any other solution out there or should I just go ahead and contact support?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2018

Hi, 

I am having the same issue with my Bose QC35. The power button is not loose or anything like that, it works fine when sliding off the headphones. Yet, somehow the headphones keeps turning on while in off position. That drains the battery which is really bad, since it otherwise have been performing really well in terms of sound quality and battery life. 

My headphones were purchased in late 2016 which probably means that the warranty is out (and 1 month later the problem occured...), but this problem is so big that Bose should replace my headphones anyhow, since this problem is devastating. IMG_20180122_075824.jpg

What to do now? 

Sincerely, 

Jonas

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi,

Thanks for posting. That is unusual. I would definitely contact your local Bose Support. Here is a link you can use. Click on your Country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Good luck and let us know how it goes

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 29, 2018

I have been having this same problem as well. It started a few days ago after I downloaded the Bose Connect App on my iphone. I deleted the app today and have not had this problem since then. I'm not sure if thats the fix but my headphones have been powered off for over an hour now. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2018

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

I’ve encountered the same awkward issue, did you get any information ?!
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey, heidirobbin!

That's really interesting and unusual - I'm glad that that seems to have helped the issue but if it persists I would recommend reaching out to customer support with the link that @Tony_G provided above.

Please let us know if you need anything else!

Take care and enjoy your week,

Shiloh 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey folks!

That is quite an interesting issue, sounds like it could be a faulty power switch.  I have one troubleshooting step that we can try:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

If the issue is still persisting after the reset then support would be the next step, you can use this link.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us". Support will be able to help you from there.

I hope you both have a wonderful week!

Take care,

Shiloh - Bose Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2018

I've been dealing with this issue for months now, after owning them for 1.3 years. I have updated the software as of today, I have tried the reset described above but can't get them to stay off long enough to cycle through the instructions, and I have used the app to auto-off after 2 minutes which has turned into an infinite "kill zombie until it wakes up again" cycle. My on/off switch is not loose whatsoever. This issue has rendered the headphones useless without constantly charging. My next tactic is to just call customer service 😞