Alejo1811
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

QC35 Won't Turn Off

Hello! 

I bought my Bose QC35 in november 2016 and all of a sudden now it won't turn on. I went to a Bose store where they updated the software and it still doesn't work. The charging light still blinks but even after I left it for 30 min the headphones won't turn on.

Any help??? 

maxnuk
Leader
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Re: QC35 Won't Turn Off

maybe you have to change the battery..

Contact local bose support in your region...

Thanks,
Marcel M.
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC35 Won't Turn Off

Hello Alejo1811, 

Thank you for reaching out to us, glad you did! Sorry to hear about the trouble you ran into with your headphones. I see that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps, we appreciate the effort. 

Can you try a different charger? Also, have you tried giving your headset a reset? 

• Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  • Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  • Unplug USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute.
  • Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Please do come back and let us know how everything goes. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

lhartmann
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2018

QC35 Won't Turn Off - Solved Before Posting

Symptoms:

- All switches unresponsive, but mechanically perfect.

- Green LED stuck on.

- Bluetooth unresponsive.

Possible cause: Was playing music from and android phone, next to a linux computer that had previously been paired. Linux bluetooth stack is awfull, works half of the time, and maybe messed something up.

Solution:

- Plugged the charger in, the phone went into charging state and resumed normal functionality from there.

P.S.: The battery was about 60%, so I don't think that was the issue.

P.S.2: Not exactly sure what happened, but my guess is that the USB power trigerred an interrupt, it changed state, and pulled the headphone out of a deadlock...

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC35 Won't Turn Off - Solved Before Posting

Hello there, lhartmann!

Thank you for writing in by the way. I just wanted to check in and ask about the status of your headphones, everything okay now? 

Let us know, we'd be glad to help!

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

tomlavelle
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2018

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

My QC35-I headphones started turning themselves on (despite the power switch being in the off position) several days ago.  First symptom was that the battery was always dead despite having had a full charge since last usage.  Second symtom was the phone randomly bluetooth connecting to my iPhone interrupting phone calls, etc.

My headphones are about 1.5 years old (and out of warranty).  I just contacted Bose and was pleasantly surprised to be informed that since my headphones were already on the latest firmware version (1.5.1), which the support agent said should correct the problem, and I reported no anomalities with the power switch, the issue was not attributed to misuse of the product and therefore the normal replacement cost of $259 USD would be waived and my headphones would be replaced with a pair of QC35-II headphones (newer model) in the same color.  THIS is the level of great product support I've grown accustomed to by Bose over the past 30 years and I'm very happy that I wasn't told that my only option was to purchase a new pair.  I'm awaiting the confirmation emails from Bose and a UPS packing slip and RMA number via email.

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

@tomlavelle thank you for coming back and updating us! Glad to hear about your experience and looking forward to hearing from you once you received your replacement. 

I will be closing this thread, and should anyone still have any issues with their headphones, feel free to create a new topic!

Thank you again,

Mohsin

kriden
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

Re: QC35 Headphones Turning Itself On?

My QC35s just started with the same problem. Turned on by themselves this morning and keep turning on by themselves when switch is off. I tried resetting everything, but nothing works.

The headphones were purchased in 2016 and worked flawlessly up until a week ago when I updated the firmware. I immediately noticed a couple of random pops in the audio and a hiss that wasn't there previously. Then the problem with the power this morning. Did anyone else notice these issues right after updating firmware?

I called support and the best they would do is exchange/sell me a pair of QC35 IIs for a discount, and they only had silver. I gave in and took the offer, but I'm really unhappy about this. Two years for a pair of top-of-the-line headphones is a joke. Plus, I'm leaving on a cross-country business trip in a couple of days, and it's going to suck without my headphones.

kriden
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

Re: Headphones power on automatically

Same issue here. QC35s purchased in 2016. They worked flawlessly up until a week ago when I updated the firmware. After the update, I immediately noticed a couple of audio pops and then a constant hiss (not loud, very quiet) which weren't there before. Then this morning the headphones turned on by themselves sitting on my desk. I'm glad I heard the audio battery level indicator, otherwise I never would've noticed they had turned on. The power switch was definitely in the off position and isn't loose at all. The headphones still look brand new, since I only use them about once a month on business trips.

I tried every troubleshooting method I could find, but they would keep turning on by themselves. Then I finally called support. The best they would offer is a discount off of an exchange for a pair of QC35 IIs. I'm really disappointed about this, especially considering this is becoming a common issue. 

I regrettably took the replacement offer, then saw a post about a pair of QC35 IIs that are having the same problem! Now I'm worried I'm just going to have a repeat problem with my replacement pair that I shouldn't have needed and paid $$$ for. This stinks!

Jason D.
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

Re: Headphones power on automatically

I have the same problem. It's a real pain, since the battery is sometimes depleated when I reach to use them. 

It's not an issue with a loose button... I have similar Bluetooth connection problems with a minispeaker, which persists on connecting to my phone that is out of distance, which forces me to spend two minutes forcing the connection by forgetting it on my iPad and then pairing it again. Each. and. every. single. time. Not too impressive for a system that's meant to connect automatically when you walk into a room.

Although I've liked the sound quality of Bose (we have several speakers and an old CD player), if they can't step up their game (for example: monitor these feeds, and come up and point their customers to a patch for their glitch) then I won't buy their products anymore.