lugufe
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Re: Headphones power on automatically

@Patrick_A wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you all for your responses. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we encourage everyone with this issue to contact our Technical Support team by telephone. To find the correct number for your country, please select it from this list and click "Contact Us", which can be found at the bottom of the page.

Regards,

Patrick - Community Support

This kind of corporate reply really makes me angry. Support in Germany is doing absolutely nothing to help customers.

HAL9000
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Dear Patrick,

Thanks for the advice, but what would be the point of doing that if in the end I am going to call the same support center and get the same reply? Or would there be a way to reach the management through there (I doubt)?

I also don't speak German that well to be able to explain all the details, so for me it would have made much more sense to use the UK support office, which doesn't seem to be possible.

Regards

BrokenComfort
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2019

I followed the picture instructions posted by qiangliu, and it fixed the issue for me.  Thanks a lot qiangliu!  Definitely a switch issue, the metal contacts felt really flimsly.  Saved me a "discounted" replacement from Bo$e $upport.  Save yourself the frustration with dealing with phone support, and spend 5-minutes to move on with your life.  

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@BrokenComfort  Great to hear!  Now I have talked twice to the Customer Service Manager of Bose in Framingham (their HQ).  They have as recently as earlier this week continue to say their engineers have not yet determined the cause and there is amazingly still a 'camp' which believes this can be fixed via a firmware upgrade.  Mea Culpa!  Every single person who has checked into this thread and elsewhere in the forum has solved the issue via the on/off contacts which emphatically proves at least to me (as there have never been any reoccurrences of those who fixed) that the problem/cause is 'known'.   I sure hope the Bose engineers can come to the same conclusion soon.

BrokenComfort
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2019

The previous deleted message supposed that everyone's metal bent at the same time.  My last contact with Bose support was in September 2018, and they had malfunctioned prior to me reaching out.  I purchased them at the end of 2016 (They are actually the original QC35), and they didn't even last a  year before malfunctioning.  I contacted Bose support several times, and all I ever got was the response to "replace them for $249", so I just considered it a lost cause.  Thank heavens for people like @qiangliu who can offer a quick solution.  

Let's be honest here, I doubt a team of bose engineers would be stumped for almost 3 years on the same issue.  The fact that the original design flaw was never modified and replicated for future iterations, paired with the offer of selling one for a "discount", they really don't care to address the issue.  The people on this forum represents a very small userbase, why spend the time or effort to fix it?  Ask anyone you know at work, and they have no idea this issue exists.  If the customers can come up with an easy solution, it's because they wanted to. 

"Firmware update" or "Bluetooth" issues is such an empty blanket issue, that it doesn't even specify what about it caused the issue. 

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@BrokenComfortActually that could not be the case.  I believe it was back in early December (or was it Nov) I had my QC35 i exchanged for a QC35ii.  One of the things I noticed immediately was how much firmer the on-off switch was.  I needed to put additional pressure on the switch to turn it on and off (i.e., to push it each way).  It was clear to at least me at the time imho that the on/off switch had been redesigned between the QC35i and the QC35ii.  I would not know why....

Imre
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

Hi All,

I just went through with Bose all the steps and figured out that my headphone is faulty and they offered to replace it for £249! I can buy for this a new one in the shop. Ridiculous service. I went for this expensive headphone as I trusted Bose as a brand this trust is now broken by Bose itself. I will advise all to stay away from a company like this. Very frustrated of this incredibly poor after sales care.

Imre
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Yep, they lied the same to me too.

Justin144
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Greeting from Ukraine! Terrible service here: they charged 13$ and my time (to come by) to do the repair for the issue. I asked on what was wrong, the answer was "It's our commercial secret!". "Nice" job hps.com.ua and complexv.com, authorized Bose services.

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@ImreThe word has not made it to all the Bose support people worldwide so there is an inconsistency.  Some locations after they are 'convinced' that you are a remember of the group of faulty QC35i's that turn on, will be authorized to offer you a free exchange even out of warrantee.  Other locations as you have seen will only offer an exchange for a price.  The consistency will improve as they move forward - so I have been told at least (I do not work for Bose).  In the meantime, it's your choice what to do.  You will probably not pay for the exchange so you can follow the DIY instructions in this thread to fix the contacts in the on/off switch yourself, or keep calling back and escalating (to a supervisor) until you get someone will to do the free exchange.