Jun 15, 2018
I have heard that no one in Austrailia is properly informed and mentioned that in my own call to them a few weeks ago. Perhaps the same issue in Germany? You may need to try MANY times - don't give up. You are 5 hours ahead of Framingham, btw.
Jan 4, 2019
It's been more than 24 hours since applying the fix to the switch connectors and everything works fine. Bose, you have a hardware issue! Step up and admit to it and implement a customer friendly solution. You offered me to replace my defective headphones for $10 more than I could buy a new pair on Amazon!!! Are you listening? Aren't you in the hearing business. I'm ANGRY!!!
B.S! This is not good P.R. You angered me to the point that I decided to fix this myself.
Feb 21, 2019
Called Bose Au twice and finally got my QC35 replaced for free of charge
Went to Bose store a few months ago, absolutely had no luck with the staff there, called bose yesterday, went through the "how's paying the full price to get a "replacement" sounds like? " / "sure it won't fix it but have you tried to upgrade your firmware" process, found out my firmware wasn't up to date, so I did the upgrade that night, the issue persists, and I found even press on the volume button would turn the headphone on...
Called them the next day, basically goes through the process again, and after reject their "offer", the support staff finally put me on hold and went to check with his supervisor, eventually gives me a "courtesy replacement for free of charge only for this time".
Their customer service staff was pretty nice, only if Bose can have a more proper and straight forward solution for the customer that experiencing this issue, I can understand Bose would like to save the additional cost on service for an old product, but this switch issue is just crucial.
Hopefully there's no more headache after the QC35ii arrives, and best of luck to who may have the same issue with their QC35
Mar 20, 2019
FWIW, some of the phone reps I spoke with were quite rude and aggressive, including supervisors. Kept trying to get me to pay $150 or something to get the replacement pair. Had to deal with the "it's a BLE issue" gaslighting, too, even after I said the issue appeared before I updated the firmware. One also said that this was "normal wear and tear," which is comical - the power switch should not just give out on a $350 product after two years. Hardly "normal."
I had much better luck through the SMS support system. The rep I interacted with was very friendly and actually seemed to care about the problem. Ultimately she put me through to a supervisor, who called me later that day. I missed the call and he gave me a number and said I could ask for him directly - when I called back and asked for him by name, the first-line support tech said he was not allowed to put me through to him ::eyeroll:: Oh well, long story short I eventually got through and they gave me the free replacement.
Overall I'm satisfied that they replaced them, but the process was more painful that it needed to be.