Nov 14, 2019

Re: QC 35-2Headphones power on automatically

Thank. it helped me.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

Thank you for providing your experience and information.

I had the similar issue, reached nearby Bose store today and have my QC 35-1 replaced with QC 35-2 for free. 
Also, thank you Bose for taking good care of customer satisfaction. Very much appreciated.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

I am on my second QC35 with this issue. Customer service replaced the first one for free and now the replacement is doing the SAME thing! I contacted them and now I'm getting the "out of warranty" speech.  These headphones cost a fortune and Bose should offer a better solution. Surely they know by now after receiving all these returns what is going on. 

After reading most of this forum I setting the standby timer to 5 min instead of Never. The unit powered off after 5 minutes and has not come back on after about 30 minutes. Fingers crossed.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Was your replacement set the QC-35 Gen ii or the QC-35 Gen i? I am curious if the Generation 2 headsets are having the same problem as the Generation 1 headsets. As I just received my replacement generation 2 headset, I want to verify my replacement headset doesn't fail outside of the 1 year warranty.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Was it still in warranty? I called a store who told me I could only do through customer service - but I called them and they can only give me a discounted set

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

I told them that mine was three years out of warranty and they said it wasn't a problem. There is a service recall on the Generation 1 headsets. Just make sure your's is generation 1. Generation 2 had the Alexa Button on it. Here is a picture of the receipt.

Receipt.jpg

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Hey, Mine was QC Gen 1 and I got it replaced with Gen 2. They gave a one year warranty with it, it works perfectly fine for me. So good so far. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Yeah mine is series 1 and im literally on hold right now with Bose with them saying the best they can do is give a 20% discount on a new pair because its 2 years out of warranty, **bleep**

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Hey, It wasn't on warranty - just tell them "They can claim it under 5129 defective replacement". You should probably know what that is. 
I went to the near by store not via customer service calls. you should probably do that too.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

I live like 50 miles from the nearest store so Im trying to avoid that, especially if I end up driving all that way and they dont honor the replacement like they did for you.. didnt expect this with 350$ headphones