Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Re: Headphones power on automatically

Yes! It has been perfect ever since changing the slide switch! If anyone follows my method, I'd just recommend they buy 2 or 3 just in case the tiny spring is lost in the handling and such 😉.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

@User-f51aa  that's great! I will give that a shot. I cannot find them on either eBay or Amazon. I often order from those guys, as I am familiar with them. But I can order from your link too if there's no other place. I also found them here

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/c-k/JS207011SCQNR/6071287

Again, I'm not familiar with either of these places LOL. But I can give it a go 😊

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

@User-f51aa  I forgot to ask. Is there a video or some website explaining on how to replace it?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

@Ladan Yes, I also searched for that slide switch a good amount of time, but no luck anywhere else. I saw someone online get it from that site I posted and I felt that was safe enough lol. I also got the switches delivered relatively quickly. I'm sure the one you referenced would work as well, as long as everything is identical.

As far as how to do it, I actually referred to a message previously posted back on page 39 of this thread where @qiangliu provided excellent instructions and photos:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/REPLACEMENT-ON-OFF-SWITCH-FOR-QC35/m-p/173964...

Remember, just be careful and patient. In the copied picture below from that post on page 39, you'll see on the bottom left corner what you'll be replacing altogether. Same way you take it out is the same way you place it back in.

1228_7.jpg

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

@User-f51aathanks! That is a cool picture, but looks like a very delicate job, so yes I will be careful and patient every step of the way. 🎧 🙂

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

Just ordered.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

I had the same problem, tried method mentioned above and problem solved.

One thing to note, you don't have to peel off the felt to unscrew the 3 screws, just fold them up a little.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

Same problem just today.  I paid too much for this so now shopping for switch.

Highlighted

Hey everyone,

Bose wants to thank everyone for the information you have shared with us about your headphones powering on or off on their own or failing to power off and for your patience as we investigated and troubleshot this issue.  Please know that we are listening and working to deliver on our promises. We apologize that your QC35s failed to perform as you expected. We also want to express our gratitude to all the community members in this thread who supported each other and worked together to help with workarounds for the issue.

Our investigation concluded that this may affect QC 35I and older QC 35 II. Not every headset will experience this issue, but unfortunately it is not something that can be resolved via a firmware or software update. We are confident that our newer QC 35II headphones will not experience this problem.

If you are experiencing your QC35s powering on by themselves or failing to power off, please contact your local Bose support at http://global.bose.com/.  We know many of you had less than satisfactory experiences when contacting support regarding this issue in the past.  Your experience with our product and our company is important to us.  Our support team has been briefed on this issue and is ready to assist.

Thank you once more to everyone who has posted on this thread. We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue enjoy your headphones!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Community_AdminThanks for checking in on this issue.  However, what can you say if anything has changed. About a year back, you posted pretty much the same thing as far as I remember.

1. You/Bose have suggested as before that it is a hardware problem but have never said exactly what the problem is.  With all due respect, is Bose prepared now to pin down the cause which the 'customers' all seem to know or does the problem cause continue to be 'vague'?

2. Has any different directions been given to the phone support people.  Pretty much on every incoming call call, the customer out of warranty is told there is a significant cost for an exchange.