Allan Gordon
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2021

Headphones power on automatically

Hi,

My QC 35 II headphones have developed an issue in the past 3 days.

The Bluetooth LED on the right earcup is constantly showing white, even when you power off the headphones. 

White LED always onWhite LED always on

I consulted the support resources on the Bose site and went through the process of resetting the headphones, but this did not resolve the issue.  I also update the firmware on the headphones to the latest release (4.8.1).  This also didn't resolve the issue.

In conjunction with the whit LED issue, I have noticed that the battery is draining quicker than before.  The battery doesn't get me through a single day now with the same usage patterns (i.e. Microsoft Teams/Zoom calls, listening to podcast and audio books) as before the white LED issue.  It appears as if the headphones are always on, even when powered down.  

Open to any assistance or advice anyone has on this issue.

Thanks,

-allan

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Headphones power on automatically

@Allan Gordon(I do not work for Bose)
This is a 'known' hardware issue (for over two years).  Bose stated here in 2019 that it is not fixable by firmware.  This is the only time I am aware of they have commented on it here.  The contacts in the on/off switch are likely slipping.  There is NO workaround.  If this is indeed your problem you have two solutions:
1. Fix it yourself with DIY instructions here and elsewhere

2. Ask Bose for an exchange.  For those out of warranty, they will initially offer the exchange for a price.  Take it or not - your call.  Those who have repeatedly called back and possibly escalated it report here eventually they will get to a representative that will be willing to do a free exchange, 'this one time'.

Carridixon
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2021

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name Quiet Comfort 35 ii 

Country us

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce- the headphones will not turn off 

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? For about two weeks now

Any troubleshooting steps you took - tuned button on and off

Snowy527
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2021

Hello, I am having the same problem with my headphones turning on by itself and battery is draining . thank you for posting this and may I ask where to buy the replacement part ? 

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Snowy527(I do not work for Bose)

There is no replacement part.  You can fix it 'as is' with DIY instructions here or elsewhere.  See message #1092.