I would like to know how to record phone calls.
Ideally the Bose app should have this facility - it is a much needed feature for iPhones.
can this is be done.
Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community!
This would need to be a feature added by Apple not us as it has a direct impact on their services. I would recommend that you post this on their forums here.
If you have any suggestions for features that you would like to see added to our products please do let us know.
Hector B - Community Support
Jun 15, 2018
Bose is not going to add it and neither will Apple - too much legal exposure with the privacy laws imho. You need a 'nimble' small vendor that is willing to risk exposure for profit. Try the Apple app store for one and do a Google search on "recording iphone calls". I am not recommending any solution in particular, but as you can see from the Google search, the app first showing up is "TapeACall". It is free to try and then charges past 7 days.
Thank you for replying.
I think these Apps call a certain number - and then that number will conference and record the call.
I am looking for something else.
Inside the headphones - there is sound - and it is the sound of the person who is on the other end of the phone line.
My sound is entering the headphones through the mic
If both these voices can be recorded in an App on the phone - then it is good - high quality.
Is this possible ?
Thanks for replying.
This feature in the App should be a Bose feature - Reasons according to me are
1. Recording should be available - it need not be for used for phone calls - this will depend on the user's choice.
2. Recording is useful for Bose if the user chooses to send a file to Bose to show the issues involved - let me explain how
Suppose the User is listening to Music.
Noise cancellation is at a high.
The sound released inside the ear cups is the actual sound that the person hears.
If that sound is recorded and then played back - it will make people aware of what is the actual sound being heard by the listener. Any flaws, errors will be noticed.
SO as a product evaluation tool - recording feature should be given.
This feature can be utilised by the User in ways he or she chooses - perhaps to
1. Record a phone conversation
2. Record sounds in the environment that are being heard inside - while in a plane - with or without NC
3. Record music as heard inside the earphones - with or without NC
4. Record just about anything while donning the earphones and keeping it linked to the phone app