vineethpbharadwaj
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Regret buying NC 700 headphones

I really regret buying the new Bose Noise Cancellation 700 headphones.

I had issues with the sound balance and the right ear-cup always had slightly higher base and sharpness than the left one. I had the headphones replaced.

On the newer headphone, the touch sensitivity to control the music is not reliable after the latest firmware update (1.3.1-2028+de73ce1) and the bluetooth connection too is horrible. It fails to connect to my iPhone many times.

The Bose music app on my iPhone and iPad too is a nightmare to use. It is slower than a sloth and reconnecting to the app after a reset of saved bluetooth devices requires all the patience you have in the world.

I TOTALLY REGRET OPTING FOR BOSE.

Had I known these before, I would have gone for Sony or Microsoft surface headphones.  

[Edited by Moderator]

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Yorkf
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

Re: Regret buying NC 700 headphones

I have to agree. Not happy with the purchase. I fly somewhat regularly on Military Aircraft and the noise reduction makes noise like your crumbling a plastic wrapper. 

I misplaced the audio cable and Bose stores at airports didn't stock a replacement cable. Ones for the QC35 doesn't work. Had to order a cable directly from Bose for $27. That's about a $20 markup.

QC35 are more comfortable. The NC 700s look good but are flimsy.