QL
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

Repair policy

Hi,

I have a pair of QC35, slightly older than a year and hence out of warranty. The right cup sound worked intermittently for a while and now stopped working altogether. This is likely a pretty basic problem like a soldered joint breaking, and it should be easy to repair.

Why are there no options for repair? I am only being offered to buy a new one for a 25% discount, which I can do on some websites without needing to return the product so not much of a discount.  In addition to not being economical, it also not eco-friendly at all.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Repair policy

Hi QL, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that this has happened to your headphones and would love to provide some insight on this. 

The reason that we don't repair headphones is due to two main factors, firstly due to hygiene reasons and the other reason is due to the complexity of the headphones that they are difficult to repair. 

If you have any other questions about our exchange process please do post and let us know and we would be more than happy to answer this for you. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B - Community Support 

QL
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

Re: Repair policy

Thanks. However these are pretty poor excuses.

1. Bose sells refurbished headphones, so hygiene can't really be a problem. Plus, if I'm asking for a repair of my own headphones, hygiene is not a concern?

2. They are not that difficult to repair. Apple repairs phones which are a lot more complex than headphones (hopefully we can all agree on that). I understand Sony also repairs their headphones.

This is just bad customer service and designed for Bose to benefit from planned obsolescence.

I will make sure to not return my headphones (so they don't end up being sold are refurbished) and replace them with another brand. Thank you for the help anyway.