Return QC35 for 700?

Audible Advocate

Return QC35 for 700?

I am still in the return window for the QC35 I just purchased. Do you think I should return them and preorder the 700’s?
6 REPLIES 6
Wistful Whiz

Re: Return QC35 for 700?

It depends on your purchasing 'style'.

1. Some people like to buy blind and some like to kick the tires first.  If you are the later, you might be interested in waiting until you can see one at a Bose or other store and bring your QC35ii and compare the two - both the ANC, and the two BT modes - music and phone

2. Some people like to purchase totally on specs but not all the specs have yet been made available.  For example, I have not yet read whether it is BT 4.x or 5.x.  Also I don't know what it's OFF state is like - is it totally off or can it be turned on by other devices by being in BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) state like the Bose Revolve speaker.

3. THe ergonomics have changed and you may want to handle the device to see if you like it - the touching part on the ear cup and the different way of folding, for example

4. Some people like to read external third party evaluations before forming their own opinion.

5. Some people don't like first generation anything and for example, won't buy a new product such as Bose 700 until the firmware has been updated at least once.

Highlighted

Hello Xxxlcs1974xxx, 

Thanks for your post. 

If you are still within your return window and wish to opt for the NCH 700, I would highly recommend them. They are extremely comfortable and offer more in the way of functionality in comparison to the QC35 I. 

What community member @joelirwin has advised is certainly worth considering. Just remember, when purchasing directly from Bose, you have 30 days to trial the product to determine if it is right for you. This trial begins from the date of delivery. (Returns policies may differ for third-party resellers.)

Joel, I can confirm the headphones are using Bluetooth 5.0.

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Thanks guys. I did return the Bose QC35's yesterday and I will take the chance with the 700's.

Wistful Whiz

@Jeff_G  Can you comment what advantages BT 5.x  will present for the 700 (assuming it is communicating with another BT 5.x device like the iPhone X)?  (or should we make this a separate post)

Hi @joelirwin,

I'm afraid I have no information available regarding the advantages of Bluetooth 5.0 and how they benefit the NCH700. There are a number of articles on the web that discuss the differences between 5.0 and previous iterations, so I would highly recommend checking them out to get an overview.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Wistful Whiz

Thanks for the suggestion.  I am well versed in BT 4 and BT 5.  However, it is possible to operate in BT 5 in backwards compatability mode - in other words you can implement the exact same functionality as was done with a BT 4 implementation.  So what I am particular interested in is (when you find out) to find out exactly what added functionality of BT 5 will get implemented in the firmware of the 700.