Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

Right side stopped working - NC 700

I was sitting at a desk listening to music and the right ear cup went out. I didn’t hit it or anything. I tried turning off and on the mono sound in iOS accessibility but it didn’t do anything. Mic also doesn’t turn on anymore.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Right side stopped working - NC 700

Hello domeryk, 

Welcome to the community, I am very sorry to hear that your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 right earcup appears to no longer be working. 

I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below. 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds

Following this, check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com​​​​​​​

Do let us know how you get on and if this provides any improvements. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2020

Hello,

I have the same issue with the left ear cup of my NC700. I tried your solutions and it didn't work.

I powered off the device and used the audio jack but still no sound in the left ear cup, nothing at all.

Is it a hardware problem?

Hi Mel9087,

When you have been listening to the headphones, what do you have them connected to? Have you tested them with any other audio devices to see if you have the same issue at all?

I do know that on some Macs there is a setting that controlls the balance between the left and right ears, so your device may have something similar. On a Mac to find this setting you will want to go to settings -> sound -> output, and there will be a slider you can adjust.

If it's the same across multiple devices and you don't have a setting like this, then it would suggest that it would be hardware related. In which case, you would want to reach out to your local support team using THIS link. If you click the link, then select your country/region and scroll down to "Contact Us" it will take you to the page you need!

Let me know how you get on.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2020

It's the same across multiple devices.

The link doesn't open.

Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

got these headphones around a year ago and they've been working perfectly..

But all the sudden the sound one the right ear stopped working. it happens no matter which computer i use (laptop, desktop, phone)

same issue when i plug it directly using an aux cable. I am able to pause and turn up and down volume on the right part still. lights appear to all be working.

tried resetting it too but nothing is working, please help!

Hey @jw9364, welcome to the Bose Community!

Sorry that you're also experiencing some problems with the right earcup of your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700.

You've been through some great steps with testing other devices and resetting the headphones. 

I'd next recommend ensuring that the headphones are up to date. You can do this by visiting btu.bose.com on a computer and following the instructions.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2020

i’m having the same issue with my Bose NC 700 headphones with my right earcup. i can control the volume and change songs but there no noise canceling on the right earcup and no audio either. please let me know if you found a way to fix it 

Hi Paanfothi,

Have you tried the troubleshooting posted in this thread already? If not I would definitely recommend you start by doing so!

If you have already tried the troubleshooting, and you still only get sound out of one ear, you will want to reach out to your local support team for further assistance with this. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!

Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2020

Having the same issue on my NC 700s in the left cup.  Would like to know if anyone was able to resolve this as I don't see any success stories on this thread.

When I turn them on the welcome sound is audible in both cups, as are the voiceovers when pressing the noise cancellation adjustment button, but connecting to any device whether android or iOS doesn't produce sound in the left cup when playing any type of media.  I did the latest update but that made no difference.

What's the story Bose?  Is this a repair job?