Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Robot Voice

While using the audio with my laptop, I notice that, once every 10-15 minutes, I'll constantly hear the other person on the call sounding like a robot. It gets very annoying and lasts for a good 20-30 seconds. I have to constantly tell the other person, "Hold up. My headphone is acting up.". It's extremely intermittent and very random.

I have the Bose QuietComfort 35 II paired with a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017 edition) w/ TouchBar, running macOS Catalina version 10.15.5.

I have already tried to debug Bluetooth on my MacBook but so far I haven't been successful with figuring out a solution to this problem. I also thought about just buying another pair, but then I quickly realized how expensive these were and changed my mind.

On my MacBook, I only have a bluetooth mouser and keyboard connected and haven't had any issues when using my Apple AirPods Pro instead of my Bose headphones.

Is there any way that I could "reset" my headphones by chance? Any other suggestions on how I could go about troubleshooting and/or even fixing this problem?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Robot Voice

Hi @altjx

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues with your QC35 II. I'll be happy to help! 

I would recommend making sure that you are running the most recent firmware update. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE on a laptop or PC and following the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Re: Robot Voice

Thanks for your response, Jessie. I ran the updater and it says that everything was up-to-date with the exception of the voice prompts.